Creating a Spiritual Climate

A Principle:  Anything that was created by God can become a “battery” holding, and later discharging, a spiritual charge.

Paul used his handkerchief as a battery. He charged it with his healing anointing and the battery/handkerchief was carried to another town where it was discharged to heal someone.

Moses’ staff was a pretty formidable battery.  God charged it once and he discharged it bit by bit over the years.

Elisha’s bones were so loaded that they were not fully discharged by his death.  When another dead man touched his bones years later, he discharged the rest of his anointing and the other man came back to life.

Moses face was a battery which absorbed the glory of God, and discharged gradually every day.  Therefore, it needed to be recharged regularly with more face time.

The angels who have been in the presence of God are glowing with heat and fire when they first begin an assignment here on earth.  This seems to fade over time as even their batteries need to be recharged with some heaven time, now and then.

An Application:  Land is a created medium and therefore qualifies as a battery.  We are accustomed to seeing land absorb a charge as a result of a dramatic visitation from God.  For example, there is still anointing in the room in Wales where Rees Howells had his encounter with God.  More commonly, many church sanctuaries carry a significant charge because God has met with His people there so often.

But we do not have to wait for the corporate event or the dramatic visitation from God.  While those are wonderful tools for charging the battery of the land, it is not easy to achieve that on demand in the microcosm of your land.

Fortunately we can accomplish the same objective over time through our life style and through the words we speak.

But first we must determine what flavor of the power of God is most appropriate for a given piece of land.  I plan to do a number of different studies in the next few days, but for today, let’s focus on a therapist’s office.

Initially the land was more or less neutral.  Depending on whether this is a bedroom in your home or an office in a commercial building, there would be some flavors from the cadence of life imprinted on the land, but not necessarily any definable presence of God.

So I start with the objective, then define the obstacle and then look for the truth of the nature of God that is the opposite of the obstacle.

Most therapists or counselors are going to see a broad spectrum of situations but still the objectives should be three:  freedom from bondage, healing from brokenness, and a release of the treasures from God that are placed in their spirit.  Granted some people focus on step one more than the rest, and others on step two, and few counselors do much in the positive numbers of step three, but those still are the three objectives you should find in most Christian practices.

I feel we can take the mass of barriers a counselor faces and reduce them to two broad categories:  deception and fear.  Sometimes the individual is deceived and does not know what is happening or what has happened, and other times it is self-deception (also known as denial), but broadly, the lack of truth in a situation is a core part of the barrier between them and a vibrant life.

Once the truth is on the table, there is usually a huge barrier of fear.  It may be fear of reprisal, fear of God, fear of being overwhelmed, or fear of the shame of what needs to be faced but fear in its million forms is a constant nemesis in the healing pilgrimage.

Clearly the therapists’ two primary tools will be prayer and their own reasoning with the client, but we can help tip the scales away from powerlessness by blessing the land in a sustained manner with a facet of the nature of God that is the opposite of the obstacles.  This will enhance the effectiveness of the therapist.

So for our hypothetical therapist’s office, let’s begin with the deception issue.  Clearly the opposite of this is a spirit of truth.  We will have him or her bless the land at the beginning and end of each day with verses from Scripture dealing with truth.  Doing this every day for a year will make this office a place where truth comes to the surface more easily than in other places.

I begin with my beloved computer concordance.  Up pops a list of verses with the word “truth.”  I scan them and one jumps out as the superb beginning verse.

Psalm 31:5  “…redeem me, O Lord, the God of Truth.”

I turn the verse into a prayer and a blessing.  I begin by talking to God, proclaiming my view of His essence, then I shift and speak to the land directly.

“Father, I find so much comfort and courage in the fact that You are the God of Truth.  Not only do You not lie, but You have all truth in You.  There is an endless supply of truth in Your very essence.

I live in a world of half truths, no truth, hidden truths.  My life is defined by my inadequate grasp on truth.  It could not do this job without Your partnership since You have all truth.

Now Father, it is my responsibility and my immense privilege to enthrone my King, Jesus the Christ on the land you have given me to steward.

Therefore (speaking to the land now) I welcome the King of Truth into this office.  I proclaim that He is my King and it is right and proper for Him to reign here and be established on the land.  I bless this land and this office with being permeated by the immensity of His presence and the truth that He is.  May all deception be driven from the land.  Let the defining characteristic of this land be a deep imprint of the truth of God manifesting in every way, because I have enthroned the King of Truth here today.”

OK. That is a good beginning.  Now on day two, you hit the verse list again.

This is too easy.  Psalm 40:11 says, “…may your love and your truth always protect me.”

People hide from truth because they are terrified of the truth hurting them.  This is a deception.  A core deception.  So we can blast away at that lie with this prayer.

“Father, I proclaim the truth, based on the many years of my experience with You and mankind, that as painful as the truth can be in the short run, it is only painful, not destructive.  I KNOW that Your truth is a powerful protective mechanism that will help every single person that comes into my life.

So land, I bless you with a deep imprint of the foundational truth that all truth from God will protect, not hurt the people who are here.  I bring the witness of the Word of God and the witness of my own life story and the witness of all of the people who have found healing here in this room.  I present these three witnesses to the fact that truth is good, it protects, and thus is a treasure.

I bless you, land, with absorbing the great truth that it is a good thing for each of us to find truth, since it will protect us.”

Day three, we are back to the verse list.  Psalm 51:6 is part of David’s penitent psalm after the big sin.  “Surely you desire truth in the inner parts…”

“Father, I so know the game of someone who gets enough truth to reduce the pain in their life but they don’t want to go to the core to face the lies that are still left. I violently rage against that insanity and proclaim into the heavens and into this land that THIS IS NOT YOUR WILL.

Land, I proclaim to you that God’s deep passion is for truth to penetrate to the absolute inner most recesses of a person’s spirit, to bring light and life to every dark place.  I bless you, land, with absorbing this truth about the will of God and making it such a strong part of the truth climate in this room that people will crave finding and rooting out every deception in their lives.”

There are 214 verses about truth that popped up in my concordance.   There are at least 100 of them that can be easily crafted into land blessings.  That will take you through the first three months of blessing the land.

You may wish to go back over that list a second time because you will grow immensely in your understanding of truth by doing this, and consequently you will speak bigger and more pointed blessings the second time around.  But even so, you will exhaust the list sooner or later.  At that point in time, you need to go to stories from Scripture and identify the lie and the truth.  Craft prayers about the salient truths in those stories.

Take Naomi.  She came back from Moab and announced a lie to the community.  “God hates me and is out to get me.”  Nothing could be farther from the truth since God spanked her just enough to soften up this tenacious Prophet and then He brought her home to set her free because He loved her.

You have quite a few Naomi’s in your practice.  So your prayer might be something like this.

“Father, Sally Jones is coming in today.  She has done a really great job of messing up her life, and the devil has done a really great job of telling her You are repulsed by the very thought of her and can’t wait to whack her one more time for what she did just yesterday.

Father, I call heaven and earth as witnesses that her beliefs are totally contrary to the reality of Your nature as revealed in Scripture, in my life and in the lives of those I have been privileged to touch in this practice.

Therefore, I proclaim into this land the truth that You specialize in sinners.  You love Sally Jones and all the other Sallys in my practice, and Your deepest heart’s desire is for her to receive the love that You are offering her.  I proclaim into this land that You are actively putting in place the social structure that will facilitate rebuilding her life, as soon as she comes to a place of truth about Your heart toward her.

I bless you, land, with absorbing this immense truth.  Although Sally has successfully alienated most of the people in her world, she is nowhere near being able to alienate God nor being able to keep the King of Truth from pursuing her, with plans to rebuild her life, not to destroy what little life she has left.

Land, I bless you with absorbing the immensity of this truth which has been validated by the Word, my life and my work.”

The possibilities are endless.  Almost every story in Scripture involves a truth that was embraced or rejected.  You can bless the land daily for a year with truth-based blessings, without ever running out of options.

Then on the second year, you can address the fear issue.  And the third year…

Copyright November 2010 by Arthur Burk

From the Quarterdeck, in Anaheim

This entry was posted in Blessing Land, Defining the Spiritual Climate. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Creating a Spiritual Climate

1. marta says:

When cleansing an atmosphere before healing prayer ministry in a room or building… I ike to use my friends crafted prayer.. he’s with .www.kingdomministriesintl.org based in Fresno. we are using more crafted prayer in our sessions and seeing incredible breakthrough. I’m going to start posting them on our website. they are similar to Paul Cox’s crafted prayers.

2. Heidi Colquhouon says:

I want to thank you for giving me deeper insight into the land and blessing it. Before I knew much about it, I had walked the boundaries of my property 7 times all the while anointing it with oil and declaring from the center of the earth to the feet of Jesus on the throne the the land was to have a wall of protection around it. Not long after that, a natural spring came to the surface on part of my property. I don’t know if the two events are related. A side note, I had sent a photo of my property to a friend in California who is connected to Paul Coxs’ ministry. She phoned me all excited to say that there was a mighty wall of protection around my property. I can’t see it but she could! That was a thrilling confirmation to me, that somehow, I was on to something. This is why your articles are so important to me. I want so much to learn.

3. daphne says:

does this principle apply as well to waters of the deep? i ask this because i just recently went scuba diving and got my diving license. although daunting, every dive was successful without hindrance. However, the last dive something happened to my body and in me that created great fear and i had this overwhelming feeling that I HAD to get out of the water. ( of course, you cannot do that because you cannot surface too quickly). The experience specifically started at a specific point in the reef and at depth, so the further i moved away from that place on the ocean floor, the better i felt. i keep asking the Lrd what happened since all the other dives were so smooth and nothing so strange as that happened. As I have been reading this, it just really struck me that I think I was at a part of the reef where maybe something badly spiritual was being absorbed or carried in the waters at that place, or in the land beneath the waters. I could not speak into the situation because I had the respirator in my mouth so I felt as if I couldn’t war against it with words. What do you think?

• Plumbline Ministries says:

Anything that is created can hold a negative spiritual charge. So yes, it is possible that the reef was demonically defiled at that point.

4. Lisa says:

Awesome post! I love the intentional and strategic approach– I especially love how you methodically pray the scriptures that come up on a word search.

I have been experimenting with this for about 9 months at the locked psych hospital I work at (which treats adolescents and kids)– blessing the land, the structure, the rooms, time & the kids spirits. What a growth curve!

I have seen some good results– but the land still feels so tired and spent. I realized that I have been placing the deposit on it with a focus on what is needed for the kids– but recently I have been pondering how to bless the land more effectively for its own sake–it just feels so spent and wasted.

In my studies on land, I have been amazed to find that even the land needs a rest! I pondered how God provided a sabbath for the land and how in Leviticus 26:43 it even says that the land will be abandoned in order to make up for its Sabbaths!

I have been pondering how this might apply to the land the hospital is on. What is the provision for the land to get a rest? I have instructed it to reconnect to Jesus as its life source, broken off ungodly ties to people and time, and blessed it to receive refreshment from God in the manner that God designed for it, blessed it to absorb the stars songs etc– but it just feels so tired and worn out! Any thoughts or advice?

5. My wife, Joni, is a first grade teacher in a public school. She is a Mercy who brings alignment and life to her students through eye contact and speaking dignity and blessing to their spirits. She brings alignment to her classroom, to her grade level, and occasionally to the entire staff as well.

Three weeks ago, she asked me to come to her classroom and pray. I went to her room after school. I sat down in a few children’s seats to see what I could discern. I discerned tremendous confusion in one particular spot. I asked Joni if anyone in that section struggled with confusion. She pointed to the desk that was in that particular spot. She said that “Sally” has struggled with confusion the whole year. On a hunch, I asked her if the child sitting in that location last year also struggled with confusion. She affirmed my hunch.

I proceeded to cleanse the land of confusion and speak clarity, peace, focus, right thinking, and the like – into the land. The next day, Joni reported that Sally experienced clarity. Interestingly, about a week later, another student struggled with confusion for a couple days. Joni had the second child switch seats with Sally and the confusion quickly gave way to clarity.

Thank you, Arthur, for all your 100,000+ incremental steps – your tenacity in research, your pursuit of clarity from the revelation that you receive, the hunger you maintain in the process of possessing your birthright, and the myriad upon myriad things that none of us will ever see. We are grateful for the resources that you and SLG produce because it provides us footings upon which we launch.

6. Darla Rennick says:

Wow – this is really great instruction how to practically insert the Word into the physical world. Thank you! Having the redemptive gift of Servant, the Redemptive Gifts teaching series taught me that blessing the land is one of my assignments. This article gives practical “how tos” in doing that! Just what my spirit has been hungering for. Thank you again, and looking forward to reading more in this series.

7. Rosa says:

Thank you for this post. I am jumping out of my skin with the anticipation to continue working on my land assignment and going deeper,using the tools you share. After cleaning up a lot of junk, it has felt as though the land is waiting, sort of anticipating what we will now put back into it…. Love, truth , beauty, peace, healing, revelation, productivity,so that it can flow in its original design. Its such a delight to be a steward of land! There is so power in the spoken word, isnt there?

8. Pat says:

Arthur, thank you for this very clear and systematic “how to.” I’ve understood the concept, but fumbled at the implementation, often repeating the same old same old. This gives me a clear battle plan that my teacher appreciates. Is it safe to assume that I can speak different blessings into different part of my land (fruitfulness into the garden, love into the home, revelation into the office)? And since it’s all my land, would those not mingle over time?

• Plumbline Ministries says:

Yes, and yes!

• Norma says:

I had a “AHA” moment reading your Message. It gave a clear picture of what I need to do in office. This is so simple and so ingenious. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I just love these moments, I didn’t even know i had a problem until i ‘saw’ what you were describing. All of a sudden, blessing the land became multilayered, multicolored and “variegated” . I got a glimpse of how God thinks! He is so fascinating!

I love when God does this! Thank you for sharing.

9. Bonnie Meyer says:

In praying in a situation about truth this spring, the Lord said that “Truth is always political, and never social”. We cannot use truth to cause others to like us, or impact social situations in any way for our own benefit, only to bring to light the kingdom, and its standards. Jesus could have expounded to Pilate when he ask “What is Truth?” But Jesus could not have answered the question without exalting Himself, so Pilate did it later for Him. See John 18:38, and John 19: 21-22 May we also exalt Him and not ourselves as we bring forth our witness and testimony into the lives of others, and not by our questions and insecurities when dealing with the political or religious spirits of others, but by bringing the light of the gospel to them in their need, and not in our need for validation.

10. Cheri says:

Arthur, I can’t thank you enough for this powerful teaching. Your teachings have enabled us to transform our home, property, and ministries for the last three years, but this teaching takes us deeper into an issue we have been waring with for the last year and it is so exciting to catch the vision. I return the immense blessings into your life and spirit that you have deposited in to ours. Shalom

11. norma bachoura says:

this is a lovely “how to” on blessing the land. i really get it. it took me over one year blessing my office space for me to see a sizable difference. since i have the redemptive gift of Prophet, i gravitated toward freedom, “the truth will set you free”. today what i have noticed in my patients is that they “hear” the truth when i speak it in the office, they do not argue with it and they are very willing to change their behavior. in the past it took me several visits to convince them of the truth, now one time is enough. and it does not have to be me who is saying the truth it could be anyone of my staff.
    what i like particularly about your illustration is that it shows the variety and the multiple dimentions and layers in blessing the land. I think your method will grow me more than the land and it will creat a depth in my understanding of God. thank you very much for illustrating this.

• Plumbline Ministries says:

Awesome. Nice to have someone out in front, showing that it can be done. A week does not do much. A year gives measurable, verifiable results. Well done!

12. Holt says:

That article rocks my world. It seems so obvious, so simple. No excuse for not investing in land deeply, as described. I lament not starting sooner. Great tool, clear example. Good coaching!