Conflicting Reports

We recently moved all of our audio downloads to a new platform.  We have gotten a couple of reports that the downloads to a Mac do not work.  We think possibly some of the meta data attached to the files is non-Mac compatible.

So if you have a Mac, would you go to http://www.TheSLG.com and click on Free Audio on the left hand side bar.  Then select Awe and attempt to download any of the live links on that page.

If you are able to download and listen with no difficultly, could you let us know in the comment section, and if you are not able, would you try to copy and past the error message so I can unleash my team of geeks on beating it into submission?

Thanks for your help.
Arthur Burk

This entry was posted in Website Dynamics. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Conflicting Reports

1. Jasper Williams III says:

In true SLG prophet fashion, the download happened easily with one click…no issue!

• Arthur Burk says:

Cool. There is some small glitch on a few computers, but apparently it is not a foundational systems problem. Of course, for those who cannot download it on their Macs, they will need serious therapy after having to find a PC owner to download it for them, but that is just the way it is going to have to be.

2. Susan Reeve says:

I have had no problems with the downloads and have a Mac and use Safari. Love the Awes

3. Christiane says:

I love you teaching and it has made such a difference in my life!
    I have a MacBook Pro and when I tried to download an audio from the Awe-Audios, it didn’t work and this message showed up: AccessDeniedAccess Denied37580AE08DA75670CWMEG9IC0JWoheGrghT7o1ZIXayvLXwqsGv+AhJ57T99g630bpmmyZShArsovMMU

• Arthur Burk says:

We are getting reports that if you use a Mac and Firefox you can download fine. Apparently the problem is not the Mac but Safari. Any one who has not been able to download should switch browsers and try again.

• Bonnie says:

I used Safari on my MacBook and had no problem downloading. However, when I tried to download on my iPad, I received the message “Safari cannot download this file.” That it did not download on my iPad is not surprising. I have resigned myself, therefore, to “suffering for Jesus,” and will listen only on my MacBook!

4. Jopie Fourie says:

I could not download two of the file

29. Thursday, November 1st
    AccessDeniedAccess DeniedEF222A9D308D0ABDpmzBXiW/nx++NlZd74+wYf98tmUve9QENecxYYTOdVI4qogOkjmTC+sHeDr9fhtS

30. Friday, November 2nd
    AccessDeniedAccess Denied6AEE76494F889DC9sylFQTPX15/zvdunHUuWRr+jaik2RKTMSZDRPvc02qnUF03C+OslMR1t+l5LR51f

I have a Mac OS X Version 10.8.2 (MacBook Pro), firefox 16.0.2.

5. Wanda Counts says:

Do not have my Mac with me, but tried downloading on my iPhone and the message is “No Results”

Thank you for all the resources.

Wanda

Sent from my iPhone

• Arthur Burk says:

Our files are not user friendly for cell phones at this time, so our real focus is why most people can download them to their Macs, but a few cannot. Interesting mystery.

• lynnwiley says:

I can listen to the audio although when I download and open the file, a box appears
        with the following message: The movie could not be opened. The file is not a movie file.

Mac PS X Version 10.5.8

6. Ellen Cooke says:

I was able to download the audios for yesterday and today……. no problems… used iTunes…..Thanks, Question….. are there earlier ones? I hate to miss anything coming from you all.

7. Bev flyy says:

I can not listen to them on my iPhone with this new format. Safari will not download them.

8. I was able to download and playback with no problem. MacBook, 10.6.8; Firefox 16.0.1; QuickTime 10.0 (131). Hope this helps…

• Arthur Burk says:

OK. Clearly it is not an incompatibility with Mac across the board. Any geeks out there have a guess as to what setting it is on a few individual Macs that is blocking the download?

9. jessmejias says:

I have a MacBook Pro and I was able to download the first file with no problem. Plays fine in ITunes.

10. Christine says:

Arthur & Megan,
    This series is such a blessing to me. I have listened to the podcasts many times having downloaded them without any difficulty on my Mac OSX. Thanks for all you do.

11. Marsha Labanow says:

I have a MaBook Pro with OS X and have been listening to the ‘Awe’some files everyday since inception with no problems. Thank you for producing them – I know they take time and money yet you so graciously give so we can soak in these daily descriptions of our immense God. I listen more than once as I get a little more out of them each time. Thank You!

12. Debora says:

I don’t have a Mac (a PC), but: using Safari, I can only stream (if available) but not download ANY of the files in the “free audio” section. With Windows Explorer, there’s no problem, works fine.

• Debora says:

I’m sry, correction: I can download the files with safari, but can’t play them (also ” as file-name). This only started to be like that when you changed the platform.

13. Angela Thompson says:

Hi, Arthur!
    I can listen to the mp3, but cannot download it. When I click on it to open it, nothing happens.
    Will attach the “picture” in an email. Can’t paste it here.
    Thanks for sharing your wisdom and insights!
    Am thankful to be able to listen, even if can’t download them for now!
    Angela 🙂

14. Barb Wall says:

Hi Arthur,
    No problems downloading it and listening to it. I’m a Mac user. Currently listening to Embedded truth.

15. Carol Miller says:

No problem, Arthur. I have a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard.

16. Gabi says:

I am not able to download the audio on my Mac. It also doesn´t show a clear error massage.
    The only thing it shows, after trying to download different audios, is “-1 “-2 “-3, which is not able to open in iTunes.

17. Beckye Yarborough says:

I downloaded two podcasts. My iTunes opened up, but there was nothing to play. There was no error message.

18. Rebekah Scott says:

I use my iPad (running iOS5) to listen to the “Awe” audio files everyday with no problem.