Who is the Mystery Person?

This morning we recorded a bunch of new clips for the YouTube series on birthright.

Last time we were videotaping we stopped half way through the set I had prepped because one of the clips was just problematic.  I started it four times and each time something kept us from finishing it.

Today we started with that one and again there were the most bizarre intrusions.  It took three more times before we recorded that one clip.

The things that happened are so unnatural that I have to believe that it will have an enormous impact on someone when they listen to it.

I just wonder who it is for and what the impact will be in their life.

Gabi will be loading that clip on Wednesday, sometime or another.  So if there is any chance the message for you, check in to this link on Wednesday!

Copyright April 2013 by Arthur Burk

From home

This entry was posted in Family News. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Who is the Mystery Person?

1. Kate says:

which clip is it? Listening to one now (“What Was Lost”), but not sure which was from Wednesday. Thank you!

2. Sue Taylor says:

Thank you for your hard work. I am only able to receive this on the first level or two of understanding. This is the kind of truth that unfolds within a God-given period of time. For now, I wonder how I ever got to the place of deciding that I know my own inadequacies better than The King does.

3. Autumn Stephen says:

Greetings!

I actually watched this video the day it posted on YouTube. After reading this post, I thought I should comment. I am not sure that I am the mystery person, but I did find the teaching very encouraging. For the last several weeks, this very topic has been on my mind, and I have brought it up several times with the Lord. The background story is that in November of 2009, I asked the Lord what He wanted me to do with the life He gave me, and He answered! Long story short, it was a pretty cool experience and an even better answer! However, years have passed. I have had two babies, and I am now a stay-at-home mom in Ohio. I often feel like I am not a very good choice for the birthright I have (and I have a few close to me who would agree). I know there are tens of thousands of people who are better equipped than me for this challenge. But… you’ve got to love that word. But God knows what He’s doing, and He’s not asking me to understand why He picked me, He’s just asking for my obedience. This teaching really gave me the boost I needed to not lose hope even though my circumstances seem “barren” at the moment.

Thank you for this series on birthright. I find such encouragement and hope in every teaching. God bless!

• Arthur Burk says:

Dear Autumn, I have received quite a number of e-mails about that clip, so yes, it was not just for you.

And I would have to say that one of the most persistent arguments we have with God is over His HR department. So many people insist on assigning themselves to jobs He does not want them in, and an equal number stand down from things He has assigned us to, because we are quite sure we know our inadequacies better than He does.

It is quite a challenge for me as I watch the super sized egos and the crushed identities bucking God consistently.

Hope you are freed up to the the next lap trusting God’s judgment of why He choose you of all the people in the world for this task.

4. Marié vd Westhuizen says:

Grace is spelled out in all these guys’ lives…

5. Rachel O says:

Thanks, Arthur, for your persistence. What you shared has me still pondering and chewing over Noah’s faith and response in a big way. I had never thought or read much into the whole story until now and it’s pivotal for me to do so precisely at this moment. The timing of the flood is very interesting, as is the fact that Noah didn’t become a father until after he turned 500.

6. Rosa says:

Would it be the last clip loaded in the series?

• Arthur Burk says:

Nope, we have a whole bunch more already recorded. This was just a ruckus with the enemy for some reason, so I thought I would highlight it, in case the devil put as much effort into keeping the right person away, as he did into stopping me from recording.

7. mountaincastles says:

I don’t know if I am the main person this clip was intended for, but I certainly found it to be very affirming. What I heard between the lines (supplemented by what I’m seeing in/around me) is that highly foreign callings are currently trending among the body of Christ. And that is an idea I could draw strength from for many days to come.

A favorite comic strip of mine routinely has a “fad herald” arrive to realign the culture, as it can be difficult to keep track. In the case of your clip, the herald would be announcing: Role models are out. Faith that can make you question your sanity is in.

Donna

8. Mary F. says:

I have been wandering in the wilderness for forty years and now I am getting restoration.
    Thank you for perservering!!!

9. E. Vivienne says:

I will check in on Wednesday.

10. Daniel B. says: