The Incomparable Adventures of Thunderfoot!

We keep our Mercy interns warehoused in a different complex then the rest of the tribe.  It is a Servant apartment complex where people are very open, friendly and engaging.

You would think that two Mercies in a Servant complex could stay out of trouble, but no.  Not even!

We got a call from management complaining about the noise level generated by one of our Mercies, but not indicating clearly which apartment was being overly active.  Serina preemptively pleaded guilty to having played music one whole day and assumed that she was malefactor in this story.

She immediately got on the web to order some sackcloth and ashes so she could repent for this travesty in proper fashion.  (Being a Mercy she got hers from Nordstroms of course).

I being somewhat skeptical about her supposed antisocial behavior, asked Megan to investigate further.  A phone call back to the manager netted the information that it was Mateo’s neighbor who was complaining, not Serina’s.

Furthermore the complaint is that he was walking too loudly in his upstairs apartment disturbing the people in the downstairs apartment.

Now I do weird pretty well, and I stir up a lot of weirdness, but this one is just special.

Mateo is a gymnast.  He is small boned by God’s design and was quite skinny when he came to us.  Today he is no longer skinny.  He is scrawny.  His excuse for becoming scrawny was something or another to do with not having his mother around to cook for him any longer.

As a gymnast, he is light on his feet.  And the upstairs apartment is carpeted.  So unless he was break dancing in the kitchen while waiting for the water to boil in the microwave, there is little reason for the people downstairs to even know they had an upstairs neighbor.

If he had been 250 pounds overweight, we could easily fix it.  Genevieve makes a wicked green smoothy.  Just putting one of these in front of him would scare his appetite clear into the next county for an entire week.  Simple.

But since he is officially scrawny, the problem is not simple.

For starters, I immediately nicknamed him Thunderfoot to memorialize this grand adventure he is undertaking, complements of the Most High.

Second, I explained that it was most likely an AHS.  Since it knows that he is there and he knows about AHS (although he has never engaged with one that I know of) the AHS is acting out in order to get attention in order to get free.

Third, I suggested that Mateo test my theory by talking to the manager and getting more details.

He did.

I was right.

Mateo’s new best friend, Thunderfoot II, AHS extraordinaire, stomps around the upstairs apartment between 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. every day, and between 11:00 and 12:00 p.m.

During the first slot, Mateo is at work.  Trust me.

I know.

He is so scrawny he looks like the edge of a postcard when you look at him sideways, but enough work gets done in the region of his desk that we are reasonably sure he actually is at work.

And according to him, he is often in bed asleep by 11:00 p.m.

He shared those observations with the apartment manager.  Her hard drive crashed and she asked him to go away with his inconvenient truths and to work it out with the resident below him.

So he did.

But she wasn’t home.

He, however, with that legendary Mercy stubbornness, is laying in wait and will eventually engage with her.

Our whole team is on tip toe with expectation, waiting to hear what it is like for him to explain to her that there is a 250 pound overweight AHS named Thunderfoot II that is in either his apartment or hers and it is disturbing the peace through no fault of his own.

One would assume that Thunderfoot I is going to have a long and noble career working with AHS considering the first fruits assignment The Almighty has sent him.

TO BE CONTINUED!

(All of you with a cheerleading anointing feel free to sound off in the comments and give him some moral support!)

Copyright November 2, 2013 by Arthur Burk

From the bleachers, watching someone else on the playing-field-of-weird.

Gleefully!

This entry was posted in AHS, Blessing Land. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to The Incomparable Adventures of Thunderfoot!

1. Pat says:

OK, just to clarify. Are you saying that AHSs can be disembodied and act on their own in the world? Are we talking poltergeists? Ghosts? I guess I had assumed they needed a host, like a demon. I agree with Janis. I still have a VERY hard time understanding this as a Christian. And I was immediately healed by removing an AHS… Yup, this just gets curiouser and curiouser…

• Janis K says:

Pat, oddly enough I can completely understand it, although I still use the word ‘weird’. I was introduced to the darj spirit realm in college, and had already rejected the only kind of Church I knew growing up because it did not recognize any spirit realm, rejecting the reality of the Holy Spirit (and Salvation) or any non-corporeal aspect of God in our Earth. It did not line up with my personal experience as a young person when my Grandmother died. Somehow, I feel that Arthur is simply putting scriptural (sort-of) feet on what people have been saying in different words all these centuries [mostly not Church], that there are disembodied human spirits as well as demons. The shocker is that they could inhabit our bodies also! Although, thinking about it, it makes perfect sense — this Earth experience IS all about people and God, and if demons would rather connect themselves with the lovely human spirit/soul/body, why not actual human spirits? The spirit realm is unfolding itself before our eyes as a very real, much more expansive realm than the usually Religious Church (a default human position) was wiling to believe. Our Earth is simply completely inside, not separate at all, the realms of the spirit. That’s why our choice is no choice — we are either ‘slaves’ of darkness or servants of the Most High God … non-optional. We are seeing that reality explode! It really amazes me that my Father, my King, are validating ALL of my life experiences, the ones I was convinced were ‘real’, one by one. Perhaps the ‘evil spirits’ were not all demons, that were evicted from persons in the Scriptures.

• Pat says:

Janis, I totally agree with all you say. It’s still pretty weird to me, but I realize that is our very “sophisticated” American Evangelical training and mindset. We are one of the few cultures that doesn’t recognize the reality of the spirit realm. What I was surprised by was the concept of an AHS roaming freely, not inhabiting a body. I’m assuming that would be what the world would call ghosts or poltergeists. Since this is all new to me, I’m stretching, and then stretching some more. I almost “get” one concept and then Arthur throws another at us. S-t-r-e-t-c-h…..

• Joan Westaway says:

I’m new to this blog, Please, what is AHS?
      Enjoying the romp through all these (wierd?) adventures! I’ll be back!

2. Enjoying the bleachers on this one for certain. Go be dangerous Mateo!
    Deena Brackett Kelley

3. Sue Taylor says:

What interests me right away is the strict adherence to a schedule. What is that about? Why two different time slots? Another thought is that there could be a sound portal nearby – magnifying the sounds of AHS footsteps. What if an AHS can be resident in structures as well as people? What if an AHS will intentionally choose to be in a sound portal within close proximity to a person of interest (AKA someone who can help facilitate freedom)?

4. Amy says:

Well, the night before you wrote the post about Mateo’s arrival to California a while ago, I had an interesting dream. After I saw the photos of Mateo on the blog, I realized that the dream had to do with him. In the dream he seemed to have some kind of anointing having to do with healing in regards to walking. In the dream, because of Mateo’s command/prayer, a girl threw off her leg braces and was running around the church completely healed and free. I realize that it may only seem loosely connected, but I interpret this to simply mean, Go Mateo – God has foreseen your victory with this Thunderfoot situation!

5. barbarakski says:

I’m over here laughing hysterically! Poor Mateo! Did he know that he was signing up for the adventure of a lifetime.

I can relate my friend! I recently moved from Baltimore, MD to Conroe, TX and the warfare has been the craziest that I have ever had. I moved from a job as an addiction counselor in the inner city dealing with worst case scenario which I loved and could do standing on my head.
    Here, in beautiful Texas my biggest battle is not falling asleep while being bored to tears.

In other words, new area, new battles and strategies! Mateo, I’ll continue to hold you up in prayer, but please keep us posted!

6. Janis K says:

We are getting into weird territory — flashbacks to my pre-Christian days, spirits in the house slamming things around, we invited any non-specific spirit to live in the Buddhist alter. Anyway, these things don’t fit demon profiles, but do fit floating-around human spirit profiles. Weird to be talking about this as a Believer, a Christian determined to not know anything God doesn’t want me to know.

7. Nico says:

Trod on Thunderfoot!

Let this journey of a thousand miles, which commenced with a boom, bear fruit of freedom!

8. Dana says:

Talk about being thrown into the deep end of the pool!!! This is gonna be good. Mateo may have a slight build, but he is obviously packing a hefty weight of potential for Father to choose this for him to cut his teeth!!!

9. cheri says:

That is sooo off-the-charts awesome. Go go go team Mateo – the “field” of AHSs is ripe for harvest – Father is loosing them as fast as we can find them. Such fun and adventure – so glad this revelation has been uncovered, I love kicking butt and I’m sure you will too Mateo. Enjoy the journey.

10. Rachel O says:

Please pardon my ignorance as I haven’t listened to any teaching on AHS. Just wondering why it is an AHS issue instead of demonic activity. Can you please enlighten me?

11. Kim says:

The AHS road has been a bag full of intense and weird for me so far, so I am grateful for a bit of comic relief. This one made me laugh out loud. Thank you for posting this.

12. Mary-Anne Simpson says:

LOVE it! But I’m not going to be too gleeful lest I reap the fruit of a similar experience. This Mercy prefers “secret” assignments to public ones. Go Mateo I’ll be rooting for you and watching out for part 2 🙂

13. Maureen says:

Haha….I’d watch tv if SLG became a reality show!

14. Narola Grady says:

I too am a bleacher bum on this one. Looking forward to hearing the end of THIS story!