Light Prayers: 1. And There WAS Light

We decide what should be.

Then we plan and purchase, work and worry to make some small portion of our big dream come true.

Not God.

He decided.  He spoke.  There WAS light.

Elegant in its simplicity.

Before we barrage heaven with too many needy words, let’s worship His sufficiency.

His capacity to cause us to see and be seen is infinite.

The cost to Him of making us see and causing us to be seen is zero.

The pathway to our receiving the revelation we need seems complex.

The pathway to His revealing the mysteries and resources we need is simple in the extreme.

Mind-to-sound.

Done.

In His world, there is no such thing as a complex problem.

Cleaving darkness so we can be seen is a relentless battle for us.  From the child wanting nurture to the global giant hawking its wares, we screech and squawk hideously, seeking to be heard and maybe seen.

By contrast, putting thick darkness in Egyptian homes and light in Hebrew homes at the same time cost Him nothing.

Lighting the Red Sea passage in one direction while broadcasting darkness in the other direction was a trivial amusement to Him.  No great engineering project.

Father, we proclaim our neediness.

“Our tool kit is pathetic.  We lack the truths needed to accomplish the assignments given.  We simply cannot get there from here with the wisdom we have in hand.

“Your tool kit is infinite.  You did not have to reach deep to find the last few scraps of wisdom to barely finish creating the universe.  You have an unmeasurable amount of unused wisdom that You have never deployed in any way.

“We come to You with awe over the immensity of Your over-supply of light.

“Our visibility in community is pathetic.  We dream of teamwork at an exquisite level while we struggle to be merely civil with the people we have in hand.  In the billions of people on planet earth are a large group of individuals who are a perfect match for our calling and design.

“Finding them is an enduring fantasy with the occasional flicker of reality.

“Yet You know where every one of our community is.  And You know how to make us see them and them to see us.

“We worship You today for Your matchless, unlimited essence.  You don’t just have light.  You don’t just dispense light.  You ARE light, and in You is no darkness at all.

“We offer You homage as the Light Maker in our lives.  We have none other.”

Copyright January 2014 by Arthur Burk

From the Hub, as the sun sets and shadows creep close

This entry was posted in Light Prayers. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Light Prayers: 1. And There WAS Light

1. YoursTrulyMin says:

Reblogged this on Yours Truly Ministry blog and commented:
    Arthur Burk and The Sapphire Leadership Group are starting this New Year with prayers to enlarge our relationship with God. I began praying Light Prayers:1 and could see the tools being sent my way almost immediately. I will be reblogging the prayers as they become available. Blessings to you all on your journey.

2. Lisa says:

The Lord calls each star by name. He gathers them together– and brings forth the constellations in their season.
    Arthur–as you ponder the expanse before you, may God in His Majesty reveal the twinkling wonder of the “lights” He is bringing forth THIS season.
    May God’s light shine brightly through these individuals that you would discern not only the light they carry, but the unique and powerful design of the constellation you form together.
    As you gaze into arenas covered in darkness, may the Wind of the Spirit quickly disperse any clouds that might try to obscure your perception– that you would see with remarkable clarity those bright “lights” who define the shape and pattern of the ruling constellation God has purposed for this time. May you delight in the distance and space between each “light” as God reveals the importance of each one’s specific location and position in His overarching design.
    And as this new constellation showers light into areas formerly shrouded in darkness, may the authority and dominion you exhibit be a sign of the wonder and power of the King’s reign – a sign of hope to those who have lost their bearings—that God’s light will indeed shine through us – dispelling the darkness—and that the darkness –no matter how foreboding CANNOT overcome it!

3. Lisa says:

Amen and Amen.

4. Debbie G. says:

I too am praying for Sapphire, I am praying every evening, and willl continue to pray. You are on my heart quite a bit.
    I also long to see more of God’s light pouring out of my own life, to be his witness in my workplace. In the grocery store I work in, and the homes I clean.
    2013 was not a particularly fun year, but with God’s grace and his principles to guide me, I came through it.
    Debbie G.

5. Kay Kalda says:

This has stirred in my heart also for a very long… time. I just recently was delivered of some things that even makes this posible. Oh the hope this brings to my heart.

6. Jude says:

AMEN!

7. Patricia Young says:

I’m voting too… Trish from Henley

8. leonupfsa says:

This prayer speaks exactly into the task God has placed before us in this season. Thus I can pray it passionately in agreement with your need in your ministry! See and be seen!

9. Sonia says:

Arthur, I read this and prayed it with humility. Thank you for crafting this prayer. Blessings on you as you reach deeply to craft these prayers. I have already experienced a shift and was asked by the Lord to do something specifically with His light.
    I honour you Arthur. I honour all at Sapphire Leadership Group.

10. Bethany T says:

“His capacity to cause us to see and be seen is infinite.” I agree.
    And yet, as I’ve intentionally stirred up my spirit and sat at the mall or airport watching strangers pass, it’s been a bitter disappointment at how few looks, if any, I get back. I too proclaim, I am needy!! Bathing in awe this week as I crave “to see and be seen”.
    Praying from Texas with the rest of y’all.

11. Roslyn says:

I don’t know; I just started weeping when I read your prayer and still I weep. It seems that perhaps I feel the intensity of the longing, the groaning, the yearning; perhaps my tears echo the heart cry.

The only thing that I do know is that He sees, He hears, He knows all things.

I feel that He delights in the search and the surrender.

May you be abundantly blessed in the richness of your seeking.

Amen

12. diane johnson says:

Hi Arthur and team

Just want you to know I’m joining you in prayer. Have tried to “like” on a number of occasions since it was posted but having problems with WordPress identifying me.

Thank you for this crucial and timely work….

Diane x

13. Roxanne Myron says:

Count me in please!

14. dorisann says:

I am so excited about this prayer and can’t wait to see the next. It speaks exactly to where I am and where my disappointments lay. To be seen by the right people at the right time and to see what you want me to see for your glory.

15. Sheila says:

Wow! Thank you for directing us – changing our faulty perspectives!

16. Hazel says:

Amen

17. katemazur says:

Beautiful. Moving. Hits me right where I am. Thank you for language to assuage the ache and in faith + courage help me lift my eyes from down here up to the hills from where my (our) help comes. Exquisite. Simple. Focused. I’m in more than I comprehend. It is an honor to walk with such fine noble subjects. Greatful for the whole mess! To hope + surrender!! He’s GOT this, and all of us, too. Deep wonder, rest & peace take their place at the front.

18. Narola Grady says:

Amen! I’ll be praying for you, Arthur.

19. nancy henry says:

I won’t despise the small beginnings. The light I already have, I DO compare to His, as miniscule in size, but nevertheless, true light…because it is of Him and from Him. I want my awe of Him to grow as His light increases in and around me. SHINE!!!!!

Liked by 1 person

20. francyes says:

What a beautiful thought, the immensity of who we do not yet know that he is. His miracles do not compare to all of creation, and creation does not compare to the infinity of Him. Beautiful thoughts.

Liked by 1 person

21. Sonia says:

I’m in. Praying.

22. Deborah says:

Arthur, This is excellent! TRUTH that I/we in the Body of Christ must focus on and magnify to go where our King is calling u. Thank you for magnifying our King Who is Light. Praying.

23. Soo Fee says:

May the blessings and promises of Isaiah 60:1-3 be upon SLG.
    Arise, shine;
    For your light has come!
    And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.

For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth,
    And deep darkness the people;
    But the Lord will arise over you,
    And His glory will be seen upon you.

The Gentiles shall come to your light,
    And kings to the brightness of your rising

24. Tanya says:

Amen. Praying.

25. Debi Vail says:

This is surely a word for now. We just moved to Lancaster County, PA and the Lord gave me Psalm 33 and a verse to put over our new door from Psalm 100, “Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise.” I have heard that phrase repeatedly throughout my life and with little fanfare. But, I have come to realize what an explosion of hope and life is in that verse. I have come to realize that He is talking about a literal gate into the Kingdom. When you cross that threshold, you enter into the Kingdom’s set of laws that govern that territory. You no longer function under the world’s laws. So when you thank Him before your circumstances change, provision appears. When you walk in an attitude of thankfulness, regardless of circumstances, provision starts to appear before you even need it! There are no time and space limitations in that Kingdom. I have come to experience some of this. When it happens, I just stand in awe! And we enter a literal royal court when our hearts turn to praise. I started to realize how powerful praise was in 2008 when I saw AK-47s and bulldozers during worship. To understand what happens as a result of praise, listen to the definition of a royal court in Wikipedia – “The court of a monarch, or at some periods an important nobleman, is a term for the extended household and all those who regularly attended on the ruler or central figure. In the largest courts many thousands of individuals comprised the court, many officials or servants in the permanent employ of the ruler, and others attending in hope of political or financial gain, or merely for the society and entertainments offered. As well as being the centre of political life, courts were usually the drivers of fashion, and often where literary, musical and artistic trends first developed.” Wow, don’t you just want to live in the King’s court? What a place of intimacy, creativity and community! And, the King’s court is also a place of justice and mercy. I love the King!

26. Colleen says:

Amen and amen. Interesting how we think OUR wisdom, understanding, and knowledge has any comparison or weight in light of HIS wisdom of the Ages, understanding according to Thy Word, and knowledge of the Holy One (Jesus)

27. Kathy says:

Yes we worship Him only. Genesis 1:3 “Let the light in Me be”: and there was light” and is and is….

28. oceanwrite says:

So needed to read this. Thank you!