Scorecard for the Week of February 16th

Well, Team, no dramatic news for you.  It is like a football game where the score is 49 to 49.  We scored on the enemy a handful of times, but he came right back and scored on us quite solidly an equal number of times.

So we are still in the game, but still on the wrong side of the Red Sea.

Unlike previous weeks, we have no great ah ha moments to report.

We are quick to add, however, that what we see in the natural does not represent everything that is going on, so we assume that you were highly effective in chipping away at the enemy’s position in the spiritual realm, even though we don’t see it here – yet.

Meanwhile, I keep getting reminded over and over that getting across the Red Sea is not the objective.  It is just a milestone.

The objective is to take possession of the land of Canaan and that failed to happen because of the flaws in the people’s perspective of God.

Personally, I am deeply concerned about that.  It is so important for me to do what I need to do each day to fight the sundry fires that are burning here or there, but Pharaoh is not the issue – it is God.  In the midst of the fire, my most important responsibility is to grow enormously in my understanding of the nature of God.

It was mostly sheer panic that made the Hebrews trust God and walk through the Red Sea at night.  But it took rock solid faith to embrace the challenge of entering the promised land.

Then, 40 years later, it took obedience and determination to wipe out the resistance movement, so they didn’t – opting for comfort instead.

I am not having a fun week right now.  But I am vastly more concerned about growing my spirit into the knowledge of God needed for steps two and three, than I am about getting Pharaoh dead and off my back.

Prayer commitments were up again this week.  You guys are awesome.  Thank you so much for joining me in a very personal fight.

Copyright February 2014 by Arthur Burk

From the Hub

This entry was posted in Light Prayers. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Scorecard for the Week of February 16th

1. Anthony Tanjoco says:

The perspective is indeed key. Thank you.

Although you comment about this as a personal project -as the saying goes,

“As the leader advances, so do we.”

2. nancy says:

Praying whole-heartedly, for you.

3. lisa4gzus says:

An exhorter is to reveal the character of God to others and to then motivate them to act on that knowledge. Moses, an exhorter, was to lead the Israelites into the Promised Land, but he failed to uphold the Lord as holy before the eyes of the people and was not allowed to enter in. Numbers 20:10-13 Joshua, a mercy, led the Israelites in to take the land. Mercies are to live in a degree of holiness and to release holiness into their environment.
    So is holiness possibly the characteristic of God that they needed to focus on to gain victory and take the Promised Land?

4. Amy says:

I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve prayed during all of the other weeks except God put me on a forced break this past week. Maybe he was letting me off easy because this was a tough week or maybe he was trying to show me that every prayer no matter how seemingly insignificant matters? I don’t know. Maybe both. So to everyone praying: your so called “little” prayers, no matter how small and insignificant they feel, are straight from the heart of God and they are powerful and effective! This week I felt God saying that there are intercessors praying for SLG who are “tough as nails” and I felt so proud of you. You are all an important part of the community and God sees it and cares! Maybe God is storing up all the prayers from last week for a big breakthrough next week!

5. Growing your spirit into the knowledge of God can never be reflected on any scorecard. I rejoice that this is not just your goal & concern but also your victory/win.

6. lisa4gzus says:

Perhaps it is easier to believe God to deliver us from that which is familiar/known, than to believe God to deliver us into what is as yet unfamiliar/unknown?

7. dorisann says:

Thank you for staying the course and sharing the downs as well. The battles may be lost but Victory belongs to our God. These light prayers are causing a stirring no doubt. I have recently had an answer to the “being seen” prayer, acceptance into a people group that will be huge for my growth and validation. Just belonging there amongst people who get me and my heart and want the things of the kingdom I want have catapulted my joy. You are walking the walk, a forerunner in this and I am happy to be walking with you. Onward!

8. Kate Mazur says:

This update is -in and of itself- dramatic! This demo from Rich Mullins, “My Deliverer” comes to mind. Him banging away on an old piano seems fitting somehow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvW4BiicInI

I agree wholeheartedly about perspective. I see four parts.

1. Now: Waiting & war-ing. Fret not. Wait on Him. He knows. He will show you whatever you need to know, when, how… You WILL leave Egypt and Pharaoh will be history- literally. As you know, Pharaoh and the sea are kids play for the King. A bit of a deal for Moses and a whole lot of Hebrews. Nothing to shake a stick at for Pharaoh, his bloodline and his people either. Pretty big from our puny view…but not at all for God. Waiting for the exodus is excruciating on our end, but HE WILL deliver you. “Gird up your loins and prepare to run for the rains are coming.” I bless you as you war and wait…

2. Soon: Going through the sea =fast and furious deliverance with barely any time to breathe or think. All that time of preparation allows this to be a smooth transition. Sort of happens in a flash. God had made certain they were ready. Take courage and keep praying for strength for all those who are with you in this. This whole thing is NO biggie for God!!!! He will deliver you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT LOOSE HEART.

3. Shortly after: adjusting and preparing to take the promised land as Sons of the Most High God. Personally, I feel a great need to brace for step three. Soon those around you will need to be infused with the faith of Caleb and Joshua….lest the evil reports of a few causes a good many to loose heart…. MAY YOU NOT SPEND 40 YEARS on an 11 day journey once you’re through the H20!! I pray for a swift journey through the wilderness. May the faith of Joshua and Caleb spread through all the ranks on this side of the sea! Oh, God!!!!!

4. Finally: fighting and seeing God’s victory over and over and over as you fight the enemy in the land and take back what’s His (yours). I bless you with strength, precision, strategy and swift execution to maneuver skillfully once you are through the wilderness and into Canaan. There will be much to defeat there and you will see God’s victory! He will give you the victory then, just as He will soon deliver you from Pharaoh.

After all, this is about HIS promises and HIS beauty and HIS name and glory and honor to all of creation…

9. The Passion Translation
    Psalm 126
    Restored
    A Song of the Stairway
    ¹It was like a dream come true
    When You freed us from our bondage
    And brought us back to Zion!
    ²We laughed, and laughed and overflowed with gladness!
    We were left shouting for joy,
    And singing Your praise!
    All the nations saw it and joined in, saying,
    “The Lord has done great miracles for them!”
    ³Yes, He did mighty miracles,
    And we are overjoyed!
    ⁴Now Lord, do it again!
    Restore us to our former glory!
    May streams of Your refreshing flow over us,
    Until our dry hearts are drenched again!
    ⁵Those who sow their seeds with tears
    Will reap a harvest with joyful shouts of glee!
    ⁶They may weep as they go out
    Carrying their seed to sow,
    But they will return with joyful laughter,
    And shouting with gladness as they
    Bring back armloads of blessing,
    And a harvest overflowing!

10. Rosa says:

Vastly more concerned with growing your spirit in the knowledge of God for the next step… That is wisdom, and really spoke to me, made my spirit take a step back . That is how I want to learn to walk. Not always fun, for sure,but you gain huge momentum in the long run. Thanks for the update, got your back 🙂

11. Sherry says:

“In the midst of the fire, my most important responsibility is to grow enormously in my understanding of the nature of God.” Thank you for that; I usually am focused on fighting the battle or at least surviving it, but I sometimes forget to focus on the nature of God while I am in the fight.

There is no one like the God of Jeshurun (Blessed), Who rides the heavens to help you, And in His excellency on the clouds. The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, and will say, ‘Destroy’. Deut. 33:26-27
    Happy are you, O Israel (who prevails with God) Who is like you, a people saved by the Lord, The shield of your help and the sword of your majesty! Your enemies shall submit to you, And you shall tread down their high places. vs 29.

12. Thank you for the reminder about the perspective. It is very easy to focus on Pharaoh, especially when we are in the midst of trying to get out of Egypt. There is a lot of emotion when I pray about getting out, yet the focus should be on God, firstly, and what comes after, secondly. A slave is the one who reacts simply out of a desire to get out of the current situation, and that kind of perspective got the Israelites in trouble more than once. Thank you for the leadership you model for all of us.