Scorecard for the Week of March 23rd

The week can be summarized in a single word:  flow!

Something changed on Friday evening of last week, and from then on we were able to get a lot done without the big cloud of resistance that had been there for the two weeks of severe warfare and a week thereafter.

In light of that, we were able to do a huge amount of catch up and move on to the capital projects that are much more our source of joy than pesky admin stuff.

All the admin for the seminar in Rancho Cordova is done.  That is a big relief.  The topic of gender based worship is exploding in our office as every day brings a crop of fresh insights.  This is one of the more fun projects I have had in a while.

What has been most remarkable is God’s showcasing how thoroughly there has been breakthrough in my life and in the company.  On a daily basis this week, situations came up that demonstrated that things are forever different.  Then one afternoon I got e-mails about two different situations that upped the ante.

Both of these are dynamics I had been involved in repeatedly over the years with no fruit and huge frustration.  I had no desire to get involved again and was actually contemplating sidestepping both.  God directed me to go ahead.

It was simply amazing the change in previously obdurate people, perspectives and projects.  I was shocked because it was beyond anything I had imagined.  God has certainly made a huge statement to me this last week that I am no longer in Egypt!!!

We are moving toward the God-encounter of some sort at Mount Sinai, not knowing at all what that will look like but excited to be looking at building in the plus numbers, not moaning about bricks without straw.

Meanwhile this weekend, I am out of town, spending some time with Mom, prepping her garden since she has a serious case of spring fever and wants to get some plants in the ground.  I was so excited about all that, I totally forgot to write the weekly update yesterday until Sandy asked me for it last night so she could proof it.

I stand in awe of the changes God has made in areas of my life that had proven resistant to every principle I applied over the years.  Thank you again for walking with me through that season of battle.

Copyright March 2014 by Arthur Burk

From Mom’s dining room table, just before breakfast which is smellin’ awfully good

This entry was posted in Light Prayers. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Scorecard for the Week of March 23rd

1. I too was “in Egypt” for approximately two years. On March 23, 2013, the Lord woke me up at 4:30 a.m., and took me toward the Land of Canaan that He had in mind for me spiritually and emotionally! Revalationary! It all started with 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Physically, John 15:4,5; Spiritually, then Psalm 34:7; Emotionally. Complete healing in one year. I asked the Lord why He healed me physically first, because if I was God, I would have healed spiritually first. He said, ”
    Well first of all, you are not God. I healed you physically first, so that YOU and everyone YOU talked to would KNOW that ‘I AM’ that ‘I AM’ healed you, just like the paralytic.” Awww. Made perfect sense.

2. Linda says:

Something big happened on Friday. Since Friday morning I’ve gotten calls telling me about situations that suddenly changed. Several of those I’ve been praying over for YEARS. I got up this a.m. and documented seven major answers to prayer in three days.

3. Paul says:

You’re a man after my own heart, Arthur…I love working with the soil and find landscaping a great stress reliever! (just wish I could find more time to dedicate to it).

Blessings to you for this labor of love for your Mom!

4. Talitha Smith says:

I praise God with you Arthur – it gives me so much hope not to give up myself but trust Him for a breakthrough!!

5. jewestaway says:

Seeing you, shoulders squared with anticipation, spade, shovel, hoe, rake- everything at hand… and hands flexing, readying, eager to get that dirt under those nails! Who cares? Mom’s soap and nail brush are at hand! An itching to bless. Just gotta get those hands in that soil, breathing it in! Fragrance of the fresh-turned earth… an on-ramp for you?
    Autumn rains finally arrived here to soften the hard soil that had been holding onto stubborn weeds by the ankles! Speaking of breaking through those un-grieved griefs! Out to turn the soil between showers to prepare for the hoarded seeds to to be sown, Time/Land issues coming up next?
    Rejoicing with you in the breakthroughs that seem to be rubbing off onto so many of us, Arthur!
    Go! Flow! Halleluyah!
    Blessing you from my desk as I watch-for-a-break-in-the-showers!
    Joan

6. linzi says:

What a great zest you have for living life to the full, Arhur! What an example you are to all of us! Great to hear you were able to have some quality time with your Mother, I am sure she enjoyed it very much and was greatly blessed.
    I have been meditating on 1 Thess. 5:23. To think that God wants to sanctify us completely, body, soul and spirit, so that we can be preserved blameless at the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ!! Shalom.

7. K8 says:

Rejoicing!

8. Deborah says:

Hmmm,.. can feel the excitement you have to help your Mom plant her garden (looking forward to that here as well… but the snow is lingering long this season). I especially savour the parallel of planting seeds and new growth that springtime brings in both the physical garden and spiritual garden of your life, both personal growth and company growth. I look forward to the fruit of these projects! I can almost taste it 🙂

9. Trish Smith says:

I am happy that you are spending time with your mom. That is the best news.

10. Jim Alseth says:

So glad to hear it Arthur. Your update made my day!

11. Sherry says:

Praising God with you and Blessing you and your mom’s time together today!