Scorecard for the Week of April 6th

This week was a blur.  I was away at my Mercy retreat pondering, doing a little bit of writing, enjoying trees, birds and spring.  I did a lot of thinking – I think I did anyway – but can’t seem to recall what I thought during the quality time devoted to the art form.

I don’t feel like I have anything of significance to report on our theme, so I hereby decline to fake it!

We will have a new Light Prayer on Sunday.

Copyright April 2014 by Arthur Burk

From land I love

This entry was posted in Light Prayers. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Scorecard for the Week of April 6th

1. jewestaway says:

Read this on the fly yesterday, gave a sigh-with-a-smile as I saw you weren’t even going to try a fake job! Made my day!
    What an exquisite art to sip and savour a time of retreat… in Mercy’s sweet embrace!
    At the end of a whispery drizzly day… Giving thanks… Joan

2. nancy says:

Sooo glad you got to enjoy!!!!

3. jennyleiter says:

Arthur, it was an apophatic retreat not a kataphatic one…
    Apophatic = knowing God in the mystery of being beyond time, space, thought…”The cloud of unknowing”
    Kataphatic = knowing God in what is known through what God allows us to experience
    Arthur…God did a great work in you, that even you are not aware of. (How very Mercy!)

4. Rosa says:

This was a refreshing post and made me smile, glad you didn’t fake it, we can smell that a mile off, you know. Glad you got some R&R, I am doing that,trying to slow down my thoughts enough to actually capture and put them on paper! I’m in a sort of tree house in mountains that I love, with birds, sunshine and unfurling leaves, although I have yet to develop the skill of determining the RG of land. I do know it feels like a gift here.

5. Heidi Colquhoun says:

I think it’s awesome you are so refreshed that you didn’t think about anything. Enjoy this time of rest.

6. Paul says:

That’s one thing people can say about you Arthur…you are the real deal! You wouldn’t be able to fake anything even if you tried! 🙂 Looking forward to Sunday’s Light Prayer!!

7. Serina says:

You are a very honest person, I appreciate that about you!