Light Prayers: 13. Vindication

Psalm 37:5-6   NIV  “Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this:  He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.”

I have pondered this verse and this blessing extensively because going public with this one is quite against my normal way of doing things.

In a word, the verse talks about God vindicating us.  I grew up in a context of not seeking vindication.  If you are new to our circles, here is a blog I wrote about my father, which explains a few of his (and my) values.

The mantra was simple.  “Let history be your judge.”

That has been my approach to most things in the last 20 years of the company’s history. Accusations have been a dime a dozen, many have caused great damage to the company, and many, of course, have caused me deep pain, especially when they come from people I have walked with closely who have subsequently turned against me.

In almost every case, I have simply walked away, letting them think and say what they wish, and I carried on with whoever was still open to what I taught.  It has been a consciously thought out choice.  A lifestyle.

However, niggling in the back of my mind was the knowledge that Nehemiah cried out to God for vindication, and God promised it to the church at Philadelphia, and in Christ’s High Priestly prayer, He asked Father for vindication.

I choose to ignore those and carry on, simply walking away from people who fussed at me.

Yesterday a strange thing happened that bumped my lifestyle with God’s intervention.

There is a house I have access to on a Mercy piece of land.  I come here once in a while to write or think.  I am permitted to play in the dirt while I am here and I do.  The fruit of my blessing the land and working on it with my hands over the few years I have been visiting here has been fun to see.

Thursday was a gorgeous spring day.  Writing came slowly, but eventually it came and I finished the daily quota.  I had a few errands I needed to run which then put me at 2:00 p.m.

I was really conflicted.  A friend of mine was having an open house for a new business, and I received a token invitation.  He never imagined I would come from California.  But as it turns out, it was just a few hours drive from my hideout.

Should I go?  I knew he would love to see me.  I didn’t see anything in it for me.  It would be one of those sacrificial gifts I would give someone who is taking a humongous risk to step into their birthright.

I really didn’t want to go.   I wanted in the worst way to play in the dirt.  There was a new planter just caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalling my name in the most compelling, piteous way.

I went back and forth.  My friend would never know that I chose not to go.  He never expected me.  It would be hours and hours of driving, and it would cut into my sleep and preparation for Friday’s writing.  I would not have any meaningful time with him since he would be mobbed with people.  Did I really want to give a gift that expensive, that was not culturally required, and he would never miss?

I decided I most emphatically did not want to give that gift.  I was going to stay home, play in the dirt and refresh my soul instead of depleting it.

As soon as I made the decision, I knew my spirit was in revolt.  All the data my soul had used so convincingly, just bounced with my spirit.  So I un-made my decision, changed clothes, said a temporary good-bye to my grief stricken planters, and started the long trek.

I hoped that there would be something in it for me.  Maybe some revelation on the drive or a divine appointment with someone in the crowd – in spite of the fact that I don’t have the software to mingle with strangers in a crowd.

I pinged my spirit and it knew nothing, except that I was “supposed” to go.  So I went.

My friend was surprised, delighted and gone.  Everyone wanted a piece of his time.  I managed eight minutes or so at the end of an hour.  Pretty much what I expected.

So I wandered around the building, looked at what there was to see, nibbled some gastronomic delights, then settled down in the quietest side room I could find to watch a video display I was relatively disinterested in, because it would not be socially proper to leave after a mere ten minutes, even though I was QUITE done.

Then it happened.

A lovely lady stuck her head into my hideaway quite apologetically and asked if she could chat.  She had just found out I was here and was over the top excited.  She never expected to see me live, in person.  She spent time telling me about how she heard about me, all the changes in her life, her boyfriend’s life and friends she had shared our principles with.

Then she left and came back with a friend and a camera and she wanted pictures.  Then she wanted a picture on her cell phone to send to her boyfriend because he just wouldn’t believe she had met THE Arthur Burk.

And then she rushed off to find every single other person on the staff or among the guests who had ever been mugged by their best friend with a CD or DVD of mine that they just HAD to listen to.

I was quite robustly celebrated, detracting a lot of attention from the event itself.  Pictures followed pictures.  I was comforted that my buddy is absolutely, utterly, completely incapable of running jealousy software, otherwise my crashing his party with my unexpected and unintentional fame could have caused some problems.

Eventually, I made my escape and on the way home, Father said to me, “You may not need vindication, but the ministry is suffering because of the attacks.  I brought you here because I needed the spiritual authority in the heavenlies of people celebrating the power of the principles you teach.”

That was sobering.  Whatever I am willing to absorb for myself, I apparently need to take a little different posture when the company that the Lord cares about is under assault.

And it is.

In the last couple of weeks, someone who I have walked with for over a decade has been turned against me.  This international ministry has now taken the position that it is impossible to separate the spirit and the soul, and they have “proof” that when we call the spirit to the front, it is actually a demon that responds, and we are doing immense damage to people.  All changes produced by the fictitious human spirit fade quickly and the person is worse off for the experience.

For the record, neither the ministry leader who is making the accusation, nor the person who did the “proof” have listened to my teaching on the human spirit.

And for the record, I am completely not under conviction that all of the transformed lives around the world are the result of demons impersonating the human spirit.

Nonetheless, the accusation is strong, loud and hurtful – especially when I consider the source!

In fact, I wrote back to the chairman of the board and told him I disagreed with their conclusion, but I was not going to fight to defend myself, and if they wanted to brand me a heretic, they could.  I would keep on moving the ball.  It is what I do.

But God made it plain that it is not His will for this accusation to be destructive.

Therefore, as uncomfortable as it is for me as a person, as the CEO of Sapphire Leadership Group, Inc., I am coming to you and inviting you to pray this verse back to Father asking for vindication not just regarding this new assault, but regarding the whole history of slander over the last two decades.

As I dug into the verse, I was intrigued at the paradox.  The term “commit” points to trusting God with my reputation, rather than protecting it myself.  Yet when I do, He delights in vindicating it.

I was so close, but so far.  Rather than committing my reputation to Him, I simply walked away from it as though it had little value.  I have been hated so long, by so many, it seems normative.  The only question is who will be throwing stones at me this week?

But God didn’t tell us to accept slander.  We are not to fight for our reputation with carnal tools, but we are to give it to Him and invite Him to fight for it.  That is a huge difference from what I had done.

And the degree of His vindication is quite remarkable.

“He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.”

So that is our prayer for this week.  If you wish to join, I invite you to ask Father to vindicate my righteousness and the justice of my cause.

The noonday sun is to me a picture of visibility.  Typically when a newspaper apologizes for a front page error, they bury the apology at the bottom of page 19!  When God vindicates us, it includes our being seen wherever He wants us to be seen.

“Father, I ask Your forgiveness for treating my reputation as being of no value.  I have retrieved it from the scrap heap and am now offering it to You for Your safekeeping.  I will continue to not defend myself, but I invite You to vindicate both my righteousness and the justice of my cause on a global basis, wherever there is sunrise and noonday.

“I leave in Your hands all details of when and where and how.  Do it according to Your will, Father.”

Copyright April 2014 by Arthur Burk

From my Mercy retreat

Where I am sore from head to toe from playing in the dirt today, instead of writing

This entry was posted in Light Prayers. Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to Light Prayers: 13. Vindication

1. Natalie says:

I believe these kinds of assaults happen when you are getting flack as when you are over the target….the enemy does not want the fullness of the ministry of Christ to strengthen the Body of Christ for the onslaughts that will increase. I believe Christ ministered to the human spirit so the revelation you were given is not new…but it gave language to the missing dynamic for such a time as this…AHS is a strategy of antichrist to forge the mystery of iniquity….the human spirit in partnership with the Holy Spirit has to be strong to challenge this strategy…I have benefited from your ministry…I can understand the assaults and it is unfortunate that these former colleagues got blind sided by the enemy…I would also pray that God would open their eyes practically to show them the truth…Like He would by putting it in their face to see…and that public retractions would be part of your vindication. God bless you Arthur.

2. Claudette says:

It is so funny that this has come up. My friend and I brought your name up at a lunch with some girlfriends and we were sharing a concept of one of your teachings and one of them said that it was a little” out there” for her. My friend and I just looked at each other and just said we have followed Arthur long enough to know that we trust him. The things we have learned from you have been valuable to us. Later in the day I sent her one of your blogs and she said that she could certainly see what it was that we liked about you. She could hear your heart. There is way more of us out here than you will ever know probably. You just keep on doing what you do best. Blessings

3. Barry Leisegang says:

Arthur , you have always been a blessing to me, your teaching on calling attention to the spirits of the area was an answer to Jurisdiction that I had been looking for. Your teaching on framing life’s problems in your covenant with God your Father is awesome. Your stuff on fractals, P.T.S.D is life affirming and strengthens those of us on the front lines. I pray for vindication for all of us who are suffering false accusation at this time. Thank you.
    Barry Leisegang

4. Sally Sugrue says:

Dear Arthur, it’s a pleasure for me to go to God’s courtroom and bring psalm 37:5-6 before Him on your behalf. (It seems that every genuine ministry that has bought me real life has been slandered) and I trust in Father’s vindication of you and your ministry. Thank you for your work with the human spirit:- I have a deeper, more effective and obedient, and sometimes glorious faith walk because of your teaching.

5. Zak Mare', Beit Agape' Fellowship says:

Beloved Arthur, There is Fact [revelation of Father’s Word] and Fiction [accusations on false grounds]! We have witnessed the last few years the change in adults and children alike by exposing them to your teachings especially “Bless your spirit”. Naturally we have had some opposition from within ministry circles that seems to do their best to outdo “satan” in being “the accuser of our Brothers!” Rev 12:10.

Presently I am also reading a book written by a medical doctor Dr Michelle K Strydom from Zimbabwe titled: No Disease is Incurable! She states that only 2-3% of people being prayed for in the church actually gets healed! Why? Because we do not address the root issue which lies in our thought life [toxic thinking]. Prov 23:7. It has now medically/scientifically proven that if your thought life [your soul] is restored your body heals itself!!! Dr MK Strydom’s website address is: http://www.eagleswings.co.zw.

I went ballistic for Fathers goodness because we are spirit, soul and body — note the order! Now Father used you to bless us first with Bless your spirit and now you have released Bless your soul!!! With your spirit AND soul restored it stand to reason that the BODY will also be restored [healed]!!! HalleluYaH!!!

Keep up the good work nknowing that the Victors Crown is awating you and everyone that runs the race!!! James 1:12

Wrtiiten during Passover, Shalom from Dana Bay, South Afica. Zak

6. Kerrie says:

Great principle, thanks for sharing and congratulations.

7. It is my very great privilege and joy to be a part of praying for God’s vindication for you and SLG and that your righteousness will shine like the dawn. YES LORD! Thank you for making this opportunity available to us.

8. K8 says:

HUGE. Thanks for sharing. Honored and corrected. I am in full agreement and filled with gratitude for Papa leading you in this way.

His vindication is beyond yummy when it comes. Even more light is on it’s heels. I can see it!!! Woo hoo and wow!!!!!!!

My innards are very moved by all sorts of things you chose to include.

From the snowy, clean + lovely (though still loud) Castle in Lake Ann..savoring the thought that Papa told them to get ready for the sprint of their lives tonight….

~Noble daughter Kate (as six kiddos make pigs of themselves in the jovial celebration we call lunch)

9. Francois Marais says:

2 Kings 6:16-17
    And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Arthur – soooooo many of us owe soooooo much to you! Receive our love and gratitude.
    I thank you for challenging me to go further since 2005

10. YoursTrulyMin says:

Reblogged this on Yours Truly Ministry blog and commented:
    If the Father leads you to stand in agreement with this man after the Father’s heart please do. This ministry has changed my life and many others lives. I stand in agreement with this prayer.

11. Anthony Sutherland says:

Arthur, you have brought much treasure into the lives of my wife and I. We have seen a principle where Father will bring a ministry experience with great victory and then bring teaching to confirm and expand our understanding. In very many of these situations it is either past or present teaching from you that Father guides us to for further revelation. There has not been anything wasted in what you teach, especially about the human spirit.
    I was impacted especially by a line you used –

Father said to me, “You may not need vindication, but the ministry is suffering because of the attacks. I brought you here because I needed the spiritual authority in the heavenlies of people celebrating the power of the principles you teach.”

Is this why Father elevates us in the presence of our enemies?

Arthur I believe that as you turn to Father for His vindication it is as though we give Him permission to move in the situation but when we turn away from those that are critical we withhold permission from Him to move in the situation.

Is this why the christian organisations seem so good at criticising or withholding praise – are they playing satans hand for him.

Please ask Father to show you if part of your spirit has been placed in a place of captivity where it is subject to critisism and rejection, you may need to ask Father if this is so.

So, Father please vindicate and elevate Arthur into the place of sonship you have prepared for him and vindicate him in that place that You will also be vindicated through your son Arthur, and release power and authority in the spiritual and earthly realms for your purposes, as in Heaven let it be so on earth and let all the designs in hell that oppose Your will in these areas be destroyed.

May Father continue to bless you and enrich you in all your ways for you are truly a watchman on the walls and one who sounds the trumpet with a clear and true note.

Anthony and Joan Sutherland

12. linzi says:

Arthur you must be doing something very right to be receiving so much flak. I am reminded that
    every new move of God historically was persecuted by the people in the last move.

As a Prophetic Redemptive Gift I have waited decades to be mentored by someone like yourself.

Thank you for allowing us to share in your life at this critical time. I am very aware of the corporate anointing that is on those who love and respect you as we intercede for you, ourselves and all Noble Subjects who are supporting you from around the world.

I pray this scripture every day. “And shall not God avenge his own elect who cry out to Him day and night, though He bears long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth.” Luke 18:7,8
    I have been vindicated in the past, it is not pretty and does not bring any joy, but I trust it is for their salvation. Help us Lord to forgive those who persecute and despitefully use us and cause us always to walk in the opposite spirit of the world.

Written on the eve of Passover, Shalom from Australia. Linzi