Scorecard for the Week of April 13th

It is Good Friday, late in the afternoon.  I have pondered the issue of vindication from many angles since there has been no dramatic event in the natural that has shifted the opinion of my detractors.

First, I was amazed at the number of extensive comments proclaiming areas where our teachings have touched lives.  You have been extravagant in bearing witness.  Most people don’t have that much stuff said about them at their funeral.  I am grateful for a resounding agreement that the teachings bring about measurable, verifiable, sustained change.

Second, nothing has changed on the other side.

So I wondered.  Certainly vindication comes in the Lord’s time – basic lesson from Mordecai.  God might be setting this up now in order to accrue some authority for some action later.  No problem with that.

But as I circled around the issue some more, a different angle appeared.  There were two dramatic situations this week where my spiritual authority for breakthrough was remarkable – beyond what I would have expected.

There were three situations where problems arose that were bigger than I was able to handle.  I played my heart out, with all the tools I know of, and came up short in all three.

I pondered those side by side.  What is the truth to be grasped here?

Then God flashed back to the bumper sticker I saw this week:  “When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight – the Marines.”

The Marines do not take it as an injustice when they are given a job too tough for someone else to do.  They take it as a vindication of their calling to do the tough jobs.

And I think that the message of the victories and the failures this week is that God is still committed to my design as a problem solver, hence he is sending me the tough nuts to crack.  That is a different flavor of vindication than I expected.  There may be vindication in the eyes of the grumps some day, but now that is secondary.

I am back on task, focusing on my design, which is to fail more than most people ever fail, as I wrap my arms around knotty problems with some trial and error.  The Lord reminded me of Thomas Edison.  Here are some of his thoughts on failure that I have enjoyed over the years.

I have not failed.  I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.

Many of life’s failures are men who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

Nearly every man who develops an idea works at it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then gets discouraged. That’s not the place to become discouraged.

That said, I am ending the week invigorated.  I have several wonderful veins of ore already open, where every hour spent researching brings immediate payoff.

I have old, medium and new problems that are resisting everything I know, so I will lean in and keep walking with the pain and pursue the answers.  This is what I was made for.

And on Sunday, I will release a new light prayer focusing on revelation for these hard cases.  We will kick it up a notch.

I still think that God intends public vindication sometime, somewhere, but it might not be until long after I am dead.  If that is a new idea to you, then watch this video about Roland Allen, one of my heroes.  For now, I think we have done what we need to do in the heavenlies in terms of the legal foundation for vindication.  I will push away the pain of the moment and focus outward on the pain of those whose riddles I am supposed to solve.

Copyright April 2014 by Arthur Burk

From the Hub

This entry was posted in Light Prayers. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Scorecard for the Week of April 13th

1. Martha Borth says:

I was unsure of posting this under vindication or in the glossary section. When the glossary idea came up, I reflected back over the last seven or so years and the little pile of memorial stones I have piled up. Each new term or phrase I learned (i.e. the ones I actually understand!) from SLG became a memorial stone. Each one chokes me up as I reflect on the principles learned. First, the little church in San Diego, “You’re praying too small! The church isn’t praying for diseases above the neck!” So powerful. Then the conference calls where people would call in for you to coach them through knotty problems. “Oh, I bumped against a bruise.” Not many counselors have that kind of sensitivity. My memorial stone pile is huge: “Mantle of Invisibility, Porcupine Huggers, Alien Birthrights, etc.” The more I think of your glossary, the more I am thankful for these lifechanging terms and for your willingness to continue amidst the resistance from all directions. I find myself digging into the Word that I thought I knew so well to find for myself what is there to be found. Thanks for your great example.

2. Desiree says:

Love it!

3. Lynda says:

It was an amazing time of worship, a public school auditorium where my son and daughter were helping out as host and worship team member respectively. Though I usually enjoy worship, it was different that night. I was lost in it -no – in Him. It was so intense, so deeply heartfelt, nothing one could drum up. I remember feeling such intense love for Him. I cried, “I love you, I love you, I love you.” I had never said those words in that way. I tell my family I love them often, when I text, call or see them. But this was different. These small black characters on a page do not do justice for the immense sincerity and love I felt that night. It was memorable and not repeatable by my will. It was divine.

Time passes.

I found/find myself in the midst of immense pain and unpredictable circumstance. The scripture where God said it is an abomination to justify the wicked and condemn the innocent seems fitting. How did they turn on me, I was in the right? I was following God’s ways. How twisted. I was the one mistreated, hurt, betrayed, but I am the one forsaken. The grief too much to bear at times, I often go to God for my medicine: a hope or peace or encouragement or loving rebuke infusion.

One day, God was so gracious. He gave me one of a very few, but hugely valuable “visions.” He, big and strong, was carrying me in His arms. I was laying across both his arms like a baby, but my head was somewhat upright. I was an adult, but He was bigger than me, like a Father. He had the presence of authority as he walked, while I was totally supported by him. He walked up to a group of people, all slightly below him, like he was on a stage or just very big. He looked down at them, all of them and said, “You missed it, you missed it, you missed it. I understood. They were my persecutors, those who misjudged me and nothing could change their mind…until now. He could change it and he was. My defender, that is what He was. They all knew now, that regarding my situation, they had been dead wrong. Now they could see reality. Their false assumptions, inaccurate conclusions were corrected. He said only three more phrases, but the amazing thing – he said these with the very same feeling, warmth, sincerity, and passion I had the night I worshipped him. He said, “I love her, I love her, I love her.”

Someday, whether this side of heaven or not, Our Defender will vindicate us (if we are to be vindicated).

When I feel depressed about the injustice, the lack of compassion and the lack of remorse, I think back to that girl who was draped in His arms, like an injured war victim, only to be healed by the Master’s balm.

4. snoopsparky says:

Thank you Arthur for being a constant and consistent voice of tenacity. You encourage me a lot!
    Jim

5. Kathy says:

What has immediately come to mind when I think of you Arthur is Nehemiah. Initially he told no one what was in his heart to do as he pondered and surveyed in and out by night with no one being aware of his presence. When revelation came he summoned the others to rebuild the broken places. As Nehemiah when you communicate to us to proceed we have come together in unity to rebuild our lives and the Body at large despite the voice of the accuser ‘who has no right or heritage or memorial’. This remarkable display of unity despite the challenges produces the new ‘wall and repairs to the older ones’ This successful rebuilding of our lives has demonstrated your ability and anointing to lead the way, to organize the process for us who have the ‘mind to do the work’ to rebuild ‘each in front of his own house’. When the ‘gaps were beginning to be closed they became angry’ which is exactly what has occurred in this situation with you and your detractors. “No such things they say are being done but they invent them in their own hearts’ They are trying to make us afraid saying ‘their hands will be weakened in the work and it will not be done.’ “Now therefore O God strengthen my (Arthur’s)hands.” So when all the repairs were completed ALL OF OUR ENEMIES HEARD OF IT and all the nations around us SAW THESE THINGS that they were very disheartened in their own eyes; FOR THEY PERCEIVED THIS WAS DONE BY OUR GOD”. The sons of Perez were many – Perez is THE BREAKER.
    Nehemiah prayed three times that God would remember him and REWARD HIM for his work.
    You have made the welfare of God’s people a higher priority than your own. Your work will never go unopposed but will provoke spiritual opposition as you well know. I know you trust God’s justice and faithfulness. Many years ago the Lord spoke to me when I cried out for His vengeance – not what mine would be – and I begged Him to see what it would look like in the midst of the situation that was impossible to undo. He said one simple word to me when I cried to Him pleading to know what His vengeance would look like.
    He only said TRUTH.
    That is the sword you wield. He contends with those than contend with us. As Nehemiah did who openly rebuked and cleansed all that defiled the people and the land you have done.
    ‘Remember me O my God for good!!’ is our cry for you.
    “Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ so that whether I come and see you or am absent I may hear of your affairs THAT YOU STAND FAST IN ONE SPIRIT WITH ONE MIND STRIVING TOGETHER FOR THE FAITH OF THE GOSPEL and not in any way terrified by your adversaries which is to them a proof of perdition but to you of salvation and THAT FROM GOD. For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ not only to believe in HIm but also to suffer for His sake.” Phil 2:27,28,29
    We love you and appreciate you, your devotion and hard work and your calling for our good.

6. Dayle Hooker says:

Hi Arthur
    re Vindication – 35 years ago I embraced a truth – that is the baptism of the Holy Spirit – to me it was wonderful at the time that such a gift was possible, and I embraced it with all my heart. Embracing that truth meant I was no longer welcome in the Christian tribe that I belonged to, so I found another tribe where I was welcome that also embraced the truth of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. But – 3 years later I was reading my bible and realized that Healing was for today. It was so exciting – tried it on the cat first – it worked, then tried it on a few kind friends that were willing to be guinea pigs for this new truth we had found – and it worked. Not all the time but enough for me to be convinced. But the cost of embracing this truth was that I found myself no longer welcome in the tribe that had once embraced me. No only that, but my “heresy” was announced from the pulpit and others were encouraged not to have any fellowship with me for fear that I might contaminate them. I looked to God for vindication – for me it was a big test – was I willing to remain in right relationship with God and with man – even when those men (and women) no longer wanted to be in right relationship with me. Vindication came but many years later when that same Pastor called us to apologize for what he had said against us. Now days, very few will argue about the truth of the baptism of the Holy Spirit or Healing – it is now mainstream teaching. That is the greatest vindication of all.
    So I say this to encourage you. One day this all will be accepted and there will be very few who will argue it but for now, we are to hold fast to the truth we have been entrusted with and press forward. I love the words of Rick Pino’s song “Pioneer” “Uncharted wilderness stretches before you, And you thrive on going where no one has gone, Still it gets lonely when darkness deepens, So sing by the fire until the dawn, You travel light, and you travel alone, And when you arrive nobody knows
    But the Father in heaven, He is glad you can go, For those who come after you will need the road, And what you have done, others will do, Bigger and better and faster than you, But you canʼt look back; no, you gotta keep pressing through, Thereʼs a wilderness pathway and itʼs calling you.”
    So I sing this for you, and all those of us who are taking this journey with you.

Thank you, Dayle. Isn’t it sad that most often the greatest enemies of the people of God are the people of God?

• Paul says:

Sadly so true, and they think they are doing a God a service by being your enemy; while at the same time, tragically, they are robbing the people of God of transformational truth! You’re in good company, Arthur, the men and women who were used most mightily by the Lord were the most misunderstood and persecuted…and who more than Jesus Himself!

7. Irina Rivera says:

There is so much peace in this post. You know who you are, you know that God is pleased how He made you. It’s the kind of peace I sense in Jesus when He faced his accusers. He was vindicated to the nth degree, but Jews still persecuted His followers. I hope and pray that your righteousness and the justice of your cause will be vindicated to the point of satisfying our Heavenly Father. You are well loved.

8. Paul says:

Bless you, Arthur…God promises that we will reap in due season, if we faint not..and it’s our prayer that part of that reaping is Vindication from the Father. Thank you for your stamina, courage and faithfulness as demonstrated by your tenacious commitment to keep the faith, to fight the good fight, and to finish the course in fulfilling your destiny in God.

You are a MARINE, Arthur…Thank you for your service to the KING and His Kingdom!!
    Sempre Fi!

9. phyllis says:

I am nearly speechless! My young son (15) and I were discussing his future and goals yesterday. He said he wants to go into the service for a few years and then come back to college. He struggles greatly through severe ADHD and expulsion from numerous schools. We adopted him and two siblings 10years ago. He was with us from about 3. of my 7 adopted children, he is the only one tuned in to God at this time.

I have no real knowledge of the various branches of the military. I believe under the influence of Holy Spirit, I said “I think you should go into the marines, they take on the messiest, most difficult and even impossible jobs. They are the ‘toughest’ of all. There you have it Arthur. From The Lord and not myself–YOU seem to be a marine. I don’t know the term for the Elite marines, but you are one in matters of the advancement of the Kingdom. Please do not be flattered, but be extremely encouraged as you are surrounded by the glory of God IN your suffering.

• phyllis says:

I wrote the above Before reading your first post on vindication. Then I stumbled upon the post of wrestling with vindication. Only God can and will vindicate. I pray He does much for you Before you leave this earth! I for one would love to see you standing in the presence of the toothless lions!

10. Heidi Colquhoun says:

I needed this observation. “Lows” seem to ride on the heels of “highs” and when that happens, we feel alone and isolated. You are one tough cookie and I take encouragement from the things you process through. Hang in there, prayers are being released.

11. Noeleen says:

Fathering … John the Baptist, ‘turning the hearts of the fathers to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous – to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.’ A big calling.

12. linzi says:

Good stuff Arthur and an inspiration for us not to give up on the “doobies” He brings into our lives.
    I also in the last couple of weeks have had to come to terms with the revelation that I may not be fully vindicated until I depart this earthly coil.

13. YoursTrulyMin says:

You are such a blessing to me and so many others in the kingdom! I pray special prayers for wisdom, knowledge and perseverance. I am one of those knotty puzzles you helped unravel so thankful for you and your teams work.

14. nancy says:

This just makes my day! Thank you for not being a quitter. Your teachings have changed my life!