Light Prayers: 19. Light in Our Homes

Esther 8:16  AV  “The Jews had light, and gladness, and joy, and honour.”

As I have dialoged with other people who are on this same journey, one of the themes that came up was a delay in life flowing to us.  Whether it is in relationships or in business, there seems to be the promise of something good happening just a little bit down the road, but it doesn’t happen.

At first we thought it was a matter of the timing of God, but after a few months of this, I felt it was actually the Ammonite Curse.  This is the curse of barrenness where you have excellent vitality in your social and spiritual activities but no fruit in the things you do in life.

I heard what God said, and believed it, but couldn’t connect the dots.  How is a spirit of delay on those who hold life for us producing barrenness?  They don’t seem to be related.

Eventually God refocused the picture on the womb.  The timing of the arrival of one seed determines whether the other seed becomes fruitful.  The vibrant good health of the woman’s seed is wasted if the timing of the gift is not right.

We asked the Lord what to do, and His answer was very unmysterious:  push back!

Our battle this week is for the timing of the release of the life God intended us to have – both you and me.  There are abundant reports of many of you having stuff in the pipeline that is not arriving.

The picture is magnificent.  You all know the story of Esther and Mordecai.  Mordecai did a good deed.  Life was due to flow to him in the normal course of events.  It did not.

Now, notice this connection I had never seen before.  When the life that was supposed to flow did not, it seems to have opened the door for overt devouring to begin.  Haman got tweaked at Mordecai but decided to take out the entire nation – barrenness on a massive scale, for the generations to come!

Instead, God leveraged the life God INTENDED Mordecai to have, and through manipulating timing on sundry levels, God took the undelivered life Mordecai should have received and leveraged it into something massively larger for the whole nation.

Love it.  When God cooks the books, they are cooked indeed.  There was some serious interest on that payment the devil delayed.

The net result of the delivery of the overdue payment, with interest and some mega-penalties, was light, gladness, joy and honor in the homes of the Jews.

(Note to scholars:  This verse is begging for a word study.  In the eyes of God, what is the difference between gladness and joy?)

This whole picture brings to mind the verse in Colossians 2:15 which talks about God making a public spectacle of His ancient enemies.

So let’s pray this process for yourselves and for SLG.

1)     Ask God to examine the books to see every single thing He intended us to have – all gifts from Him directly and from Him through other people.

2)     Ask Him to identify every gift that His ancient enemy has delayed delivery on in order to create barrenness in us.

3)     Ask Him to decree judgment on His ancient enemy and a release of all the gifts.

4)     Ask Him to enlarge the gifts so they are proportional to the death the enemy has been trying to create.

5)     Ask Him to release light, gladness, joy and honor into each of our homes and businesses through this process.

The book of Esther has never been so much fun!

Copyright May 2014 by Arthur Burk

From the Hub

This entry was posted in Light Prayers. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Light Prayers: 19. Light in Our Homes

1. phyllis says:

THIS makes sense–deep, but right! A lotta stuff coming, it will be a tidal wave.

2. Irina Rivera says:

I’ve never been so blessed reading the comments! Thank you to all who’ve studied the difference between joy and gladness. These are wonderful contributions. Very inspiring.

3. Dvorah R.G. says:

The distinction between gladness and joy has often intrigued me, and the meaning I’ve come to see in it is that of gladness being a lighthearted state of being – an emotional resting place of goodness and peace, while joy is the varying experiential events of soaring intensity. I think they have a synergistic relationship, with the strength of one helping the other develop scope and greatness. [ a shower composition 🙂 ]

4. nita7932014 says:

I’m praying with you. These prayers have kept me on target, as well as blessed my spirit.

5. Hello, I am brand new to this group of believers but laugh out loud at His timing of reading the scripture and the insights!! I am being taught by a Torah scholar that because the Jews failed to be obedient and totally rid themselves of the Agagites in their past, they would keep popping up. Haman is the Agagite in the Book of Esther. So the Jews knew what they HAD to do, no matter what it looked like in the natural. The gladness in Hebrew is simcha and is a physical contentment connected to the Festivals that God commands to break off desolation, despair…
    In the 7 Wedding Blessings, the Jews understand how God provided this simcha to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden not just with each other but with the bounty of all the fruits and food created for their pleasure. The joy in Hebrew is sasson and is the emotional, spiritual joy at the realization of being complete in Him as you embark on your unique great Adventure. So the darkness was removed from the lives of the Jews and felt the “Light”. What follows was the celebrating as they understood that their rescue had(has) a divine meaning: higher spiritual satisfaction, greater purpose and understanding with the experience of honor as Jews and from
    others. So the simcha (gladness) is more “me-focused” while the sasson(joy) is imparted from God to us for others. May the wiggling of Gods Living Word make His Way into all of us in Wave upon Wave of His LIght, His Gladness and His Joy with MUCHO Honor!!!!

6. Genevieve Chartrand says:

WOW!!!! This is AMAZING and just blessed me incredibly! My friend, Jody and I, meet regularly to pray for each other. We BELIEVE, and have been pressing hard into Father for promises He spoke to us to be released, etc. I was just about to contact her and set up a meeting together to seek Father for new strategies against the evident devouring we are both experiencing. I just sat down to eat and thought, “I haven’t checked into Light Prayers for a while.” Pull up your page and BAM! I will be and am praying this too for the SLG, and can I just say how GRATEFUL I am for your constant blessings and excellent use of internet media!

7. Franzelle says:

Powerful! Praying with you!

8. David Brown says:

Thank you Arthur for the loneliness you have endured in your pursuit of God and thanks for sharing with us. The way to push back that came to you reminds me of James 4:3“…You do not have because you do not ask God. 3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.” This passage and the insight the Lord released to you both highlight the importance of asking and the importance of blessing our reins (kidneys and adrenals) so that we are asking in light of God’s covenant with us. To the King and To the Restoration

9. kambani says:

like a good product of the Ruler season, I’d dug my heals into the pain the delay has brought and was determined to outlive it. what joy to find that there is more to the situation than simply the need to endure. man, this prayer journey rocks.

10. Sally Sugrue says:

Thank you so much for this Arthur! I was just contemplating why there’s barrenness in my creativity and I log onto your light prayers for this week and see an answer and the way through! I’m so personally happy & delighted to keep praying for you and SLG because you’re always blessing me so deeply. I will go to His courtroom with these 5 prayer points for you & for myself as well.

11. Elizabeth says:

Oh, God, yes. Praying it. It is EXACTLY this moment. All light and gladness and joy and honor be released over all of us and SLG.

12. I’m in too!
    I have been asking and asking the Lord… what else is there to do??!!!! (without getting into performance of course, haha)
    Could it be this simple:
    PUSH BACK!
    love it!

13. Priscilla says:

spot on. Praying this right now. For family, home, work…release LIGHT, GLADNESS, JOY AND HONOR!!! Thank You Papa ❤

14. sandra says:

This has been a puzzle in my life as well! In the businesses in our area, which seem to prosper for awhile, then disappear. Right on !

15. Taylor says:

My spirit is so excited to pray the numbers at the end, I have tears in my eyes. I agree Esther has never been as fun, that’s saying a lot since I named my son Mordecai and my husband and I are not Jewish in anyway, (besides we love Jesus). I’m so blessed to be tracking along with ya’ll in these prayers.

16. evq says:

I am in and will be praying for these 5 things this week.

17. K8 says:

Hopeful. I’m SO in and ready.

18. Debbie G. says:

Ouch! This one lands on a bruise that never seems to heal! I think I will be pondering this for weeks to come!

19. linzi says:

Right on target, again, Arthur, this sure resonates with me. I have been puzzled about the blockages and will be praying for all those I know involved with SLG to have major breakthroughs. We will not be robbed any more! Hallelujah!

20. Rosemary Williamson says:

Thanks again Arthur! This makes so much sense to us as we constantly experience this delay. Even though we have seen marked improvement generally, this matter of delay is a constant thorn in the side. Praying for you all at SLG as well as for ourselves.

21. Sherry says:

Yes, and Amen!

22. Shirley says:

Wow!! I so need this. Have tried to relegate the delays I am seeing to God’s perfect timing but seeing how the delays are stealing from the destinies of the people involved is hard to understand. This makes sense and I am excited to pray this for you and for my situations also. Thank you for this insight. May we all see fruitfulness on a bigger scale than we have imagined!!

23. dorisann says:

This so resonates with family issues I have been at the receiving end of….or should I say not receiving…. in the form of withheld or revoked inheritance going back at least two generations. I am excited to pray this prayer! For all of us!