Light Prayers: 20. Light on His Gifts

Esther 8:16  AV  “The Jews had light, and gladness, and joy, and honour.”

Psalm 36:9 NIV  “For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.”

In last week’s Light Prayer we looked at the connection between timing and the Ammonite Curse.  My focus was on the timely release of the gifts God desires us to have.

In the process of that, I realized that there is work yet to be done in my cleansing, as I have often refused the gifts and callings of God because of my unresolved woundedness.

We continue to focus on the issue of having light and joy in the house when the flavors of life that are due us are released in full.

However, this week we need to circle back and do some more clean up.  The phrase “fountain of life” is a common Hebrew euphemism for the womb.  We are again looking at the release of the new things God wants to birth in this season.

I sense we have three different categories of potential gifts.

On the one hand, there is the list of things we continually ask for because we think we need them.  The second list is the things God has been trying to give us in the past that we have been pushing away as we sit in judgment on God about what is appropriate for us.  The third list contains the things God wants to give us to do a new thing in this new season.

My impression is that some of the first list things are valid, but we will receive them later.  If God gave them to us now, we would be sinfully content and would not keep pressing in for the best.  We would also go back to doing the same old, same old!

My impression is that some of the things on the second list God still wants us to receive and walk in.  Some things He no longer plans to give us since the window of opportunity is closed, but we do need to recognize them and repent for our past actions.

The big issue is where God wants to go in this new season.  I feel that this will be the make-or-break issue for many people.  We can so clearly see ourselves in some better context than we have now.  But it will be a stretch for us to see ourselves in a wildly different context where we have never walked before.

So we war hard for the 5% transformation while God is aching to reposition us quite radically.  The Hebrews in the brickyard weren’t really spending time envisioning themselves making gold furniture in the desert of Sinai, but that is what God had in mind for them – a bit more than 5% transformation.

What do we do then?  My pesky soul is vested in #1.  And my spirit wants to clear the record in #2, but I have so spun the story for so many years I often can’t even see my own sins.  After writing the Scorecard yesterday, God revealed yet another area where His gifts had been unwelcome.  How many more are there?

And if I fail the tests for #1 and #2, what hope do I have for #3?

All I can do at this point is to cry out for the light of God to shine so brightly on my world that it obscures the demands and desires of the soul and reveals what my next step is toward God’s new season, with new gifts and new positioning.

My spirit, which is light, needs to see more clearly than my soul does, in order to choose to step into the light of God which, in turn, brings the fruitfulness God INTENDS us to have.

Thank you for praying into this with me this week.

Let your house and mine become full of light and joy as we destroy the Ammonite curse.

Copyright May 2014 by Arthur Burk

From the Hub

This entry was posted in Light Prayers. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Light Prayers: 20. Light on His Gifts

1. Cheryl says:

SO IN THAT PLACE! The problem is I am walking out what I know I need to walk out but out of obedience and not love. I need an attitude adjustment. I listened to “Thats My King” and that helps -that was a great one Arthur-

2. Sally Sugrue says:

Amen! The Ammonite curse empowered by our focus on what we think we need rather than what He wants to give us. Thank you for the deeper revelation & light. This is so syncing with my life at the moment. Bless you and I’m praying for You at SLG.

3. Carla says:

Thank you. I am praying! I just watched the whole of the YouTube Series, LACK OF MONEY, up to this date. It helps to have this whole story for insight on how to pray for you. And now, as well, for me.

A word for me from God (a while ago!) was, “Don’t camp in the hard place.” And another word, from YOU was, “When are you going to stop fighting God?” (I didn’t know I was at the time!) With this transparency from you, I am beginning – JUST BEGINNING – to understand how I do both these things.

May God bless you with open hands, heart, mind and mouth as the light pours down that you may feel it – tactically, emotionally, spiritually and intellectually – as you taste and see how good it is.

4. nita7932014 says:

I guess you hit on the areas that God is showing me about myself and my lost opportunities. I saw that this weekend before you sent this prayer out. I was reduced to tears and fell on my face as I recognized my ‘sitting in judgment on Him’. In one sense I am lost for words and solutions. I am a fixer by nature. My family was my life assignment, specifically given to me by God. In many places along the journey I have failed miserably. The story is too long to recite. When I pray for you the Lord reveals principals in His word to you regarding these principals which are the same ones at work in my life. Embracing the pain is something you have reminded us of on more than one occasion. It is true that the 5% is easy to see because it is there, but I know that it is not even close to what God intends for us. I will be praying for the Light to be brighter as these are truly ‘make or break’ times.

5. Henrietta Izard Carriere says:

I tried to post a comment on your page facebooks some hours ago, it doesn’t seem to have left any trace: I wanted to tell you I’m praying in sync with Light Prayers 20 and 13 for A. B. and Sapphire; while listening to Legitimizing Callings in Identifying your Callings, I was immensely blessed by the Lord during A.B.’s prayer which was an answer to my questions as well as by the Video on Ezekiel’s calling and birthright. It seems A. B. asked for more visibility around dec 13/jan 14. My experience tells me visibility is accompanied by slander and too often a result of it. I will go on praying for you

6. lyndawrites says:

Great insight. Praying.

7. nancy says:

I will pray this with you, too.

8. K8 says:

Splendid! Rejoicing with and praying for you all. May God’s will be all that you’re resigned to, and may He increase grace your way as you embrace whatever cringe factor accompanies His good and perfect will. War on! He’s got you! Delighted and honored, Kate

9. Neridda says:

Yes, praying for this! May i tell you a story? I know that you know this one, but I hope that it encourages you.

A prophet knew that he was in a completely new season. But he didn’t know how to walk in it. So he went back to what he knew well. But he experienced bareness. He caught nothing. Then Jesus showed up, with some new direction. Everything changed for the prophet. He was fruitful, he was supernaturally strong, and he had intimacy with the Lord. John 21:1-14
    Blessing you to see the Lord waiting on the beach with breakfast as the light dawns this week.

10. Rosa says:

It sounds as though you are getting more clarity even as you write this. As I read, it is a confirmation to what I have been praying for personally, and will continue to pray for you as well.

11. Anthony Sutherland says:

Ah! Yes, the 5% rule. How often do we fall for it. Father help us to see ourselves as you see us, pregnant with all the treasures You have put in us, rather than accept what we see as truth.
    Arthur, thanks for the reminder.
    Anthony

12. Erica says:

Thank you, your words have helped the scales to fall from my eyes. More and more for us all.

13. linzi says:

I am with you in all of this, Arthur.Thank you again!

14. Rosemary Williamson says: