Light Prayers: 22. Bringing Darkness to Light

Job 12:13- 25  NIV  “To God belong wisdom and power; counsel and understanding are his.   What he tears down cannot be rebuilt; the man he imprisons cannot be released.  If he holds back the waters, there is drought; if he lets them loose, they devastate the land.  To him belong strength and victory; both deceived and deceiver are his.  He leads counselors away stripped and makes fools of judges.  He takes off the shackles put on by kings and ties a loincloth around their waist.  He leads priests away stripped and overthrows men long established.  He silences the lips of trusted advisers and takes away the discernment of elders.  He pours contempt on nobles and disarms the mighty.  He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings deep shadows into the light.  He makes nations great, and destroys them; he enlarges nations, and disperses them.  He deprives the leaders of the earth of their reason; he sends them wandering through a trackless waste.  They grope in darkness with no light; he makes them stagger like drunkards.”

It is a great joy to be off the defense and back onto the offense.  The clarity of the revelation last week has indeed brought great joy and light into our business and our inner being.  Now that there is no more wondering about the path we should walk, it is time to walk the path I have been called to with great intensity.

In the aftermath of dealing with the Ammonite Curse and being able to receive the things God was trying to give me, I am now focused on two areas.  First is the medical research.  Some doors opened this week to resources that could dramatically speed up my understanding of some of the physical issues we are studying.

Please pray very overtly for the light of God to shine on areas that have been shrouded in deep shadows for a long time.  We have been investing the time in the slow grind, but now it is time for a lurch, I believe.

Second is to work on the blessings for the suicide project.  I am thrilled over how many people have made small donations toward this cause.  We are definitely a go for the first project at the ancient gate of the Mercy city in the Mercy nation.

This week I will be working on identifying the right equipment for outdoor recordings and talking to my musical consultant about many different flavors of the sound dynamics.  Both of these are outside my field of expertise, so pray that light will shine on the technical side so that it will enhance the spiritual.

In that vein, continue to pray for my spirit to grow into the project.  It is certainly audacious in the extreme for us to record blessings to prevent suicide on the very land where so many people have died.  However, based on the principle that God was there first, we believe He will release something from the original deposit on the land.

In this Mercy location, the core issue is futility.  So pray that God will shine His light on every area of darkness in my life where futility still holds sway.  I need to grow intensely in the next few months into a rich, rich deposit of fulfillment that comes from walking in the fullness of who I am, doing the things God has called me to do.

I offer that as a prayer for every one of you who have already made a donation toward recording these blessings.  A piece of your spiritual authority is going with me on this trip.  Pray that God will widen and deepen your spirit’s understanding of fulfillment and your actual experience of it.

Beyond those two specific requests, let’s also pray broadly that God would reveal new facets of His glory by shining His light on areas of impossible darkness we would not even think to ask for.

Let’s not limit God by small expectations.  Rather, let’s invite Him to make a public spectacle of His ancient enemy by eradicating darkness in every place where it would bring Him immense joy.

Copyright June 2014 by Arthur Burk

From the Hub

This entry was posted in Light Prayers. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Light Prayers: 22. Bringing Darkness to Light

1. Sally Sugrue says:

I am excited and hopeful, as always, when I read the light prayers and take your requests to God’s courtroom:- You’re going to achieve something amazing! and I see His Glory Light filling you and all the SLG, and I love the concept of inviting God to make a public spectacle of the enemy and to bring Himself immense joy. Blessings

2. Ronda says:

As soon as the suicide project was mentioned my thoughts immediately went to the suicide bombers, so it is easy to pray into that with you.
    In my current employment I have faced off with the spirit of suicide on more than one occasion, always a teenager, so far some momentary victories, but so longing to see these young people set completely free. Technically, (legally) I can’t bring anything overtly Christian into the conversation until they open the door, but when they do I hold nothing back. Praying truth takes firm root and grows to fruition.
    So excited to be a part of the light prayers. Rejoicing in every victory on your end. Picking up fringe benefits here… answers to prayers long prayed… after a decade of dim overcast shadows over our lives, we are seeing light. What a privilege. What an awesome God!!!!
    Blessings, blessings, blessings…. and more blessings! 🙂

3. Irina Rivera says:

The picture I got as I prayed that the areas of futility would change into areas of fulfillment was of a glove, like the ones you wear to paint a wall. When you take it off the fingers go inside. So I saw these inward “fingers” go from being introverted (and in darkness) to being pushed out! I pray that you are able to do what He calls you to do.

4. eva says:

As a DID I was delivered from the spirit of suicide that began when I was seven about 20 years ago.

5. eva says:

Father give Arthur all the lighthe will need inexceeding abundance to accomplish your will in these projects.

6. SLG says:

I was pondering suicide issues today and suddenly realized that one of the biggest hot spots is the Middle East with the suicide bombers. We normally don’t think of those in the same category because they are ideologically driven and are portrayed at a mark of excellence. In our minds, that is quite different from the pain and hopeless despair that we associate with suicides here in the West.

But at the end of the day, from the devil’s point of view, a mass murder/suicide in the Middle East pleases him as much as a lonely teen giving up in the U.S.

So I found myself wondering what it would be like to record something standing in the ruins of a place that was suicide bombed the week before. What would I say? What are the core truths from the Word of God that need to be articulated on a piece of land that has been ravaged by a religion that celebrates suicide as the highest spiritual act?

Talk about needing to grow into a project! I am drawn to the enormity of the challenge, but am quite aware that I have little knowledge of the spiritual dynamics of that culture and religion.

Zooming out to the view from 30,000 feet though, it feels as though my even thinking about those questions is a direct result of your prayers for light on this subject.

It bodes well to be an intense week if this much is going on in the first hours after the blog came out. Your prayer punch is formidable.

Liked by 1 person

• Bev Hill says:

What is the gifting of the Middle East region? Maybe speaking to the land what that gifting is designed to do. I wonder what Abraham’s son, Ishmael’s gifting was — since he was the beginning of that religion.

7. Bunmi says:

This is so timely!!! Bless The Lord o my soul, and ALL that is within me bless His Holy Name!!!
    I say YES and AMEN. I have experienced such tremendous light and healing in my life praying along with you. Thing I have longed for for years….. Great is The Lord our God!!!

8. jewestaway says:

“He shines a spotlight into caves of darkness,
    hauls deepest darkness into the noonday sun.”
    Crossing over to The Message for Job 12.22, I began to see the many caves of darkness, one, two, soooo many… and the wonder of the power of a simple spotlight as it pierces through all the darknesses. Then skulking in the inmost recesses, where it has remained fermenting for millennia perhaps, in all its black bituminous mess, is Futility. It is being hauled towards the entrance, toward the light, with Suicide’s death wishes entangled within. For an instant I sense this mass reaching out once more to grab onto the handgrips of its recesses. “Leave me alone”
    Outside, the Fragrance of Faith and the Melody of Hope is winning this tug-of-war, being anchored by the Power of Persistent Love! Doesn’t stand a chance! Ker-pow!
    As I re-read the blog, I am aware of generational futility, having spawned the death-wish of suicide.
    I bless you as you prepare your hearts, each allowing the light of His Grace bringing to light any tiny thread of suicide, any smudge of futility, that may be trying to remain ‘INVISIBLE’ (Key word!) May there be such a glorious lasering, sweet cleansing of you and this Mercy city! Also that the corporateness of this mission to bring forth its works in those awesome intercessors ‘keeping the home fires burning’! I’m in there too!
    I see a huge banner flying over you … glorious blood-red background, with the gold of the Lion of the Tribe of Judah… roaring, shattering strongholds! ROOAAAAAARRRRRRRR!
    I haven’t kept in touch personally Arthur, but over the months, as I have been praying through with these Light Prayers, (listening, watching, growing, being present with Abba Father as never before) there has been so much healing happening! Bless you as you and your team increase in bringing His Life to so many! As I have heard somewhere, “May your tribe increase”!
    Blessings from Joan Westaway (Australia)