Light Prayers: 27. A Light to the Gentiles

Isaiah 49:6 NIV   “It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth.

Hmmm . . .

That verse has been sitting there looking back at me for about an hour so far before any additional letters appeared on the screen.

I am pretty sure it was the Holy Spirit who made that one pop out of the list of available verses.

But ME?

Going to be light to those who do not know my God?

If that means God is going to cause preChristians to see the light of God in me and be drawn to me so that I can be life giving to them, THAT would be different.

Really different.

There is no way my soul is going to allow this to go down as a “Word from the Lord.”  Too far outside my past history.  And there is no way my spirit is going to let me put a different verse up there today.

So you get to seek God on your own.  If you get confirmation that this is the Lord and He wants to shine His light through me to be visible to the preChristians, then pray His will into reality.

Otherwise, go indulge in some warm zucchini bread slathered with butter and catch up with me again next week.

Copyright July 2014 by Arthur Burk

From the Hub

This entry was posted in Light Prayers. Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Light Prayers: 27. A Light to the Gentiles

1. Aaron says:

Yeah. Sounds good. 1 John 1:7

2. Amy DeMoss says:

Arthur, yes, yes, yes!!! You are one of the safest and most “inviting” voices out there. Though I did not know if you until about 5 years ago, my wounded heart found healing and restoration through your blessings and materials. That same safety, hope, encouragement and healing is something pre-christians crave. You see the gold in them, call it out and bless them, and so shall your light shine before all people! Go for it, Arthur!

3. Henrietta Izard Carriere says:

At the entrance of the doorway why not step aside and ask the Lord to step ahead of you to lead the way and eventually prepare it if need be? Like in Proverbs 3:5-6 acknowledge him…

4. Carla says:

Hi. My first thought was of Paul, who could relate to all kinds of people, especially non-believers with their defenses up. As I prayed I was led to your exhorter you, that part of your spirit, to be free, without the boundaries put up to protect you from people.

I saw that part of your spirit free like the calves that frolic and then I looked for the scripture. Here it is:

Malachi 4:2

But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays. And you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves.

Have fun. Really. Have fun.

5. Debbie G. says:

I have been praying and pondering this since Sunday.
    I seem to recall in the Joy Unstoppable album, Principle of Design, you made comment about ministering to babies in the womb. You stated that for a time, those were the only prayers that Father answered. I see Pre-Christians as babies in the womb. I will continue to pray for you, let His perfect will be done.

6. K8 says:

This is SO good. Now you’re talkin’!!!!!!

7. Geoffrey Whitehead says:

Arthur it sounds like the mercy portion of your spirit is trying to make you aware of The Name Jehovah Shammah. This was what confirmed my Mercy Gifting back in 2002. Several times since then The King has come and reenforced the fact He is with me and in me to shine His light for others to see. Sort of rocks my world, when I am feeling I have messed up. Blessings with prayer for understanding.

8. jimalseth says:

I feel like this could be the Lord, Arthur, simply because, as Lance Wallnau mentions, kingdom principles that work catch people’s attention. They’re getting tired of religious nonsense that has no impact. I’ve shared Sapphire materials with lots of pre-Christians, with some interesting fruit.

Liked by 1 person

9. Carol Brown says:

It feels good to have company. The King called my attention to Matt. 5 where He says we will be a city on a hill.

Me: Oh, Father that is way more light than I can generate. Please can you find a smaller metaphor?

Him: How about you be my porch light that I leave on so people who are in darkness can find their way home?

Me: Oh, that’s perfect! I can be Your porch light!

Fast forward a year more or less. The King comes and sits in my living room grinning at me.

The King: How about I change my porch light? Me: It’s Your porch light. Be my guest.

The King: (Still grinning) How about I swap it for a floodlight? Me: LOL, I think You can change Your porch light any way You want!

Hello fellow floodlight! One of these days He will flip your switch and you will shine!

Carol in Michigan

Liked by 1 person

10. Trish Smith says:

Friday evening I was thinking about the Egyptian heresy..and wondered how and why the Israelites came to be enslaved in Egypt in the first place. In other words, what was the root cause for their entrapment? I started digging through scripture and reasoned that it was a drought that brought them to this land where they flourished. So the question remains, why were they afflicted with drought in the first place? Idolatry perhaps? That might be one generational root. Pharaoh was jealous of them for sure which brought much destruction into their tribe but they could have left and returned to their land when the drought was over. Why did they not return before they were enslaved? Was the open door to their slavery complacency or ingratitude perhaps?

The next question that intruded along the trail I am following is ; “What was Jacob wrestling with God about”? So that is where the trail stands as of last night as I wonder what Jacob has to do with the Israelites entrapment and Egyptian heresy this morning? Than I read your blog: Might God’s response to Jacob have something to do with causing preChristians to see the light of God in us?

Warm zucchini bread? No thank you..I prefer toasted Ezekial bread, drizzled with butter and fig jam.

Liked by 1 person

11. sue taylor says:

I can see this, arthur. Totally. Particularly for those honestly seeking the truth, but caught in new age nonsense. Used to be there myself. You can clearly show them what to keep and what to dump. Many have been sending mail to our great king for years – just don’t know the address.

Liked by 2 people

12. joan comrie says:

I have been following your blog and praying the light prayers since January but only yesterday and today did the Spirit in intercession grip me and weep in a birthing of what God has for you
    and even for me. It makes me think you have hit the mark
    I will be praying for you even as I pray for Israel to be a light to the gentiles at this time
    God bless you

13. Sharon says:

Arthur, it is too small a thing to leave you in the place you are now, ministering God’s love to the “safe” people. What did you say in the scorecard for last week? “naked vulnerability”? Trusting and accepting when Father seems totally unconcerned with how you feel or appear to others? Been there, done that, still am. Praying

14. kathy hudlow says:

Not a big stretch Arthur….I’ve used your blessing the human spirit with pre Christians. The shift they feel when I call their spirit to attention leads to some great conversations.

15. kevinleichty says:

I have been praying this for myself and I pray it for you also! It may not be a part of our past but it is our future! Lord, may we come into alignment with your dreams, your plans and your purposes for us! Your will be done in us and through us! Bless you Father, for you are so good and so faithful!

16. Stephan says:

While you are praying about it, I just wanted to drop another possibility onto the table:

My understanding is that the term simply referred to those who weren’t “of Jewish decent”. For example, in Acts 21:25 they mention the “Gentile Believers”. What if the term ‘Gentile’, doesn’t refer to “pre-Christians”, but rather communities governed by secular norms? A scientist, for example, may or may not be a believer, but in either case has to adhere a secular definition of what constitutes as “sound scientific procedure”.

17. Serina says:

I can very much see, that your presence and light is being life giving to preChristians. Somebody like you, who walks in such an intimate, close relationship with God.

18. lovinliberal says:

“In the time of my favor I will answer you,
    and in the day of salvation I will help you;
    I will keep you and will make you
    to be a covenant for the people,
    to restore the land
    and to reassign its desolate inheritances,
    9 to say to the captives, ‘Come out,’
    and to those in darkness, ‘Be free!’
    I wonder if verse 9 is most pertinent for your giftings or calling or birthright. The light or truth in you will light a path for those who must come out of their darkness to be free.
    What is the land of Israel need today?

Liked by 1 person

19. jane62 says:

I have always felt that pre-Christians would understand you better than so many of the religious fraternity. It’s the extreme honesty and ‘tell it like it is’ that works. It’s the different angle on scripture that makes it meaningful and brings it to life. Most importantly, you don’t wrap it up in a ‘too good to be true’ shiny wrapper. This is what is so often quickly rejected by those who are not religious and don’t like religion. A Bible full of perfect painful people is not helpful. No holy cows left. So why not? This makes perfect sense to me.

20. December says:

Best to leave the spirit large and in charge! 😀

Liked by 1 person

21. Judi Viglianti says:

Though zucchini bread does sound good at this moment…..midnight…lottsa butter….something else is burning my heart. I just returned from our local pub where my husband and I went to hear a friend play. Not to sound religious… it is a pub I frequent at least once a week. It is a favorite place. Everyone was quite tipsy but so what….they don’t exactly have the resource of the King of Kings at their disposal do they. This African man that was difficult to understand because of the accent and music volume approached my husband and got quite agitated and in his face about life. Tho my husband was kind …..it isn’t his favorite place ….I reached out and placed my hand on the man’s back and he turned to me and continued…I had very little idea what he was saying because of his angst and the music volume but I said…I know…it must be very hard for you…..he stared hard at me and continued….I just kept rubbing his back and saying I know…I know…with love and said….God really gets you and He loves you…..then he took a big breath and stopped all his posturing….then so sweetly asked… is that your husband. I was so moved by the Lord’s kindness to quiet the man’s spirit. As I prayed and touched him in love he dialed down within minutes. Where are we people…are we spending our days spinning in puddles of light. I was so grateful and amazed at His light tonight. It seemed like there was no mystery. It was just a super dark time for this man and there He stood in His glorious light…so sweet so kind so full of redemption for humankind….I cannot help but weep. If Arthur chooses to post this….for the religious….take no pleasure in my visiting a bar for the sake of the kingdom…it is the place where I find the most honest of mankind.

• Sonia says:

Beautiful Judi….beautiful:)
      May your Light increase in the place the King enjoys being with you.

22. Katie says:

Could not this also mean, besides you being used to save the lost, if our King so deems it, that you might minister to a person, who will then be used to save the lost?

23. Matthew says:

In reading this post, I was reminded of what you shared in the conviction in May 2014 YouTube video. Then, I felt led to read the whole Isaiah passage. When I read verse seven….
    “7 This is what the LORD says—the Redeemer and Holy One of Israel—to him who was despised and abhorred by the nation, to the servant of rulers: “Kings will see you and stand up, princes will see and bow down, because of the LORD, who is faithful, the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you.”
    it made me wonder if this related to you wrestling with receiving favor. I wonder if being a light to the Gentiles, would necessitate receiving this is the favor.

Food for thought. I’ll be praying about this for you.

Liked by 1 person

24. lisa4gzus says:

Isaiah 49 has held special significance for me over the last few years. This verse has made me wonder what God is up to and how I fit into the plan. The part that hits me is “to the ends of the earth”. Really? Could my life really ripple that far? But I digress. I guess your openness is catching. I’ll be praying for you this week, Arthur.

25. Pamela says:

You’ve got the munchies huh? Teehee. I like this, praying on this one is going to be fun!