3. Chaim: Julie’s Strengths

Julie grew up in a Protestant stream of the faith, but she was perennially restless, looking for more, but she didn’t know what “more” looked like.

In young adulthood, God took her far from home and introduced Himself to her through a spiritual giant who was speaking on land that has significant positive history.  She came back from that encounter with God significantly impacted and massively energized.

Next stop was commuting out of Chaim to another city where God was doing a work.  She was excited to be in a community where the life of God was flowing and served joyously for a season, learning to steward the grace of God.

Eventually God sent her to a church in Chaim where she served sturdily in leadership, even though there was an aggravating level of fear of man among the leadership, until God released her from that assignment.

For some time, she has been tracking with SLG but is not currently engaged with a brick and mortar church.

We looked at the fruit of her journey.

-High resilience

She has been through a lot of pain on a lot of fronts and still manages to get up one more time and go back into the battle even though the fruit is not commensurate with the effort she invests.

Translation:  the principle for the Teacher is Responsibility and she is in very high numbers on the responsibility side of the duality.  Perhaps a bit lacking in pursuit of her rights, but certainly erring on the better side of the duality considering the nature of the city.

-She is a father

This is not just a desire.  It is a reality.  She has invested thousands of hours finding people’s treasures, motivating them to unpack them and coaching them in the process.

-She specializes in male worship

While she has been an official worship leader in the traditional female worship model, her design is for male worship which brings her the greatest fulfillment.  She is drawn to celebrating God’s immensity, not His gifts to us.

-She is biased toward holiness

While she is no stranger to love, she knows that real love flows out of holiness and the tolerance of unholiness that is generally called love is not love in her eyes.

-A passion for her family

She has fought long and hard for the redemption of her generations past, as well as to lay a solid foundation in this life time for the future generations.

* * *

There are many other qualities we could address, but these seem to be the areas that are rooted in design and have also been unpacked.

In building strategy, it is important to focus on the overlay of the two.  Many times we have a component of design that is known, but not developed.  We also commonly have many skills that were highly developed by the vicissitudes of life, but they are not rooted in design.

It is where design has been developed that we have the power to engage, endure and prevail.

So far, nothing from this skill set shouts as being the obvious starting point for a city reaching, highly asymmetrical strategy.

For now, having done due diligence on the city and the Noble Subject, we will step back and work the Rubik’s Cube for a while until some clarity comes.  Well meaning, inept strategies do not take cities.

Copyright September 2015 by Arthur Burk

From the Hub

This entry was posted in Chaim. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to 3. Chaim: Julie’s Strengths

1. Susan Bowman says:

Question: Is Julie a problem solver by design? When praying with a prophet-gifted nurse who holds a phd, works at a medical university and lives in what appears to be a teacher city, we found ourselves once again discussing hopelessness. She is a problem-solver by design as am I. She finds herself caught in fruitless problem-solving behavior that exhausts her. If she does solve a problem another one immediately crops ups.

A giver-gifted team member of mine who is highly competent also finds herself almost forcibly focused on problems that she must solve but cannot solve. I also experience this. Since I have pinpointed this behavior in myself (endless, circular problem-solving efforts focused on unsolvable problems), I have been working on overcoming it through intentionally focusing my mind on rest and worship. Retraining my brain, I guess you could say, to focus on the truth (God is the problem-solver). I am not here to solve problems. I am here to follow Jesus.

With such a large medical and collegiate presence in teacher cities, I am wondering if the communities have become dependent on themselves as problem solvers, perhaps unintentionally (or not) excluding God’s input. So that energy is endlessly poured into coming up with solutions to our problems and our focus is off of the reality of God’s presence.

When our focus and attention is on the unsolvable problem, a warping of reality takes place. We don’t see God. The problem is king. We only see the problem that we must solve and cannot solve. This results in an endless supply of negative energy (hopelessness) that empowers the enemy to continue to keep us trapped in this endless searching for solutions to never-ending problems. What if teacher communities have bought into the lie that they are supposed to provide solutions via the intellect? Just some thoughts that keep reoccurring as I go through my prayer ministry appointments and life.

2. Katura says:

Some swirling thoughts on this complex question:

In your list of Teacher characteristics, one that stood out to me (with no soul knowledge of why) was the “hugely significant Teacher/Servant synergy”. No clue what that means in any practical way, but this popped into my awareness as my first waking thoughts this morning.

Using that principle of ‘where is this in the Word?” or “Where is this in culture?”, I remembered a more contemporary city reacher, Mother Theresa. In her journals I was struck by some similarities to Julie’s story. There was tons of drama with the religious spirit, there were some major encounters with God, and a lot of character integrity.

It seems to me that Mother Theresa was a Servant. What if the Redemptive Gift of Calcutta, which at one time was a center of education, arts and trade with a huge a tributary of the river Ganges running through it could be a Teacher city? (My other guess would be a Giver city, as a huge economic port.)

Regardless (as I really don’t know enough to have anything more than a guess), a major showdown took place when Mother Theresa moved her facility right next to the Shiva Temple, a very satanic sect. It is speculated that the name Calcutta was named after Kali, the destroyer god, which further intensifies the occultic oppression of satan enthroned there.

They wanted to destroy her for her Christianity, but when they saw the Servant gift in action, they backed down, and eventually honored and respected her.

Just a thought on a possible example of a Servant strategy in a possible Teacher city. . .

Interesting perspective on Calcutta. The Servant certainly is high in the principle of responsibility which is key for the Teacher.

3. kim forman says:

So some of my thoughts regarding teacher cities since I live in a Giver City surrounded by 5 city Garrison of Phillistine/Teacher Cities, my Ancestors were 33rd degree freemason,eastern stars, rainbow girls, and I have lots of sweat equity and earned authority cleansing land, leading intercessors to cleanse land..The greatest traction I have gotten so far is applying Isaiah 28, breaking covenants with sheol, preaching a salvation message like what you taught in your AHS series, delivering the land from multitudes of AHS bound by the covenant of death, is it the bound souls that keep the teacher cities in darkness with the occult still having so much power with tormented AHS?

4. viviennehines says:

i have no insights to offer at this time, but I am in agreement Arthur.Blessings

5. Karibu says:

I’ve been following these posts and I can’t say I have a strategy yet. But I have a few observations that keep coming to mind and seem reinforced by this post:

1) Philistine Curse – parallels the gift of teaching and usually, God takes this down through unusual tools to make a spectacle of the enemy;
    2) Ironic strengths – That Julie is a father and specializes in male worship is ironic indeed (at the risk of taking this too literally). Notwithstanding the irony, Julie has a number of strengths that give her significant authority over the legitimacy lie of a teacher. She shares truth instead of withholding it, and she’s highly resilient and doesn’t seem to struggle (as much) with inadequacy the way a teacher might.

When I couple these observations with some reflection, I wonder:

1) To what degree might sequence matter? In the curses teaching, there’s a systematic breakdown of God’s design with each successive curse.
    2) How is Jesus being dethroned in this city? The objective of Teacher land (well any land, but especially this), is to enthrone Jesus. Could there be clues in the type of the defilement?
    3) How might gender dynamics be a factor? Julie is a strong woman; While I haven’t done a study, I wonder what a closer look at strong women in Scripture might yield by way of patterns that could be useful here.

This is definitely interesting and will continue noodling on it.