8. Giver Prayer: Land in Community

God announced two objectives when He engaged with the Hebrews in Egypt.  The first was to teach them how to worship and the second was to give them land – not just any land, but a land flowing with milk and honey.

In the modern world, we do not default to connecting Givers and land in our national stereotypes.  When we think of Japan, we think of technology.  Switzerland, banking.  Nigeria, business.  Indonesia, oil.  South Africa, a formidable rugby team that just demolished the US 64 to 0 in the Rugby World Cup.

However, the connection to land AND community still exists and can be seen easily in light of the issue of premature death.  When broken, the Giver community defaults to a stronghold of premature death.  However, the Servant community has the highest potential authority over premature death.

God has designed the Servant to hold the key to the Giver’s greatness.  Most of the time neither the Giver nor the Servant know that or would believe it if told them, but it is true nonetheless.

That is why God often places Servant land near the Giver land so that if they ever wake up and smell the coffee, the resources are already in place.

So the Giver state of Florida has the Servant state of Georgia next to it.  New York state, the Giver, has Delaware the Servant near it.

Switzerland has the Servant principality of Lichtenstein next to it, but more to the point, the capital city of Bern and Canton Bern are both Servant.  Next to Israel is the Servant nation of Jordan.

It was because of God’s clear understanding of synergy between the redemptive gifts that He sorted the tribes out in Numbers 1 and had them spend 40 years living in their proper tribal groups so that they could exchange life (if they would) through the juxtaposing of their gifts.

And that is also why God tightly controlled the division of the land of Canaan.  The surveyors sorted out the sections but God micromanaged which tribe went into which section because He knew that the land and the people had to match.

Now a Giver does not have to be on Giver land to thrive.  Each of the different pairs of gifts provides different dynamics.  If you have a Giver business on Giver land, both the strengths and weaknesses of the Giver will be doubled.  On the other hand, if you have a Giver business on the land of any other gift, there can be a synergy between the two gifts.

Each pair of seven creates a different synergy.

The issue is not God’s provision, however.  It is the Giver’s propensity to be insular.  Take Bavaria.  It has had a checkered history, being independent sporadically and being part of sundry different political constructs in the ever morphing world we call Europe.

Currently they are officially part of Germany.  Bavaria is Giver.  Germany as a whole is Prophet.  And the synergy between those two gifts provides the greatest potential for wealth.  How is it working there?

For the fifteen years from 1995 to 2010, Bavaria had an extraordinary growth rate – above 33%.  And their GDP per capita was 17% higher than the rest of Germany.  27% of all the patent requests for the nation come from this state.

From an outsider’s perspective, the synergy between Germany and Bavaria is strong and Bavaria is profiting immensely.  Do you find any gratitude in Bavaria for the gift that Germany is to them?

Not so much.

Many Bavarians would still rather be independent.

Now in the south of Bavaria is a region called Rupertiwinkel.  This is the Servant community that God has positioned to have a significant life giving influence on Bavaria as a whole.  There is a higher percentage of Christians there than elsewhere in Germany.

Only a few people there know the gift of the land.  Hardly anyone understands that they are significant to the work in the marketplace and the work of God in Bavaria.  Bavarians generally treat them with benign neglect.  They are the classic invisible Servant region.  Not rejected, but neither do they figure into the calculations of the captains of industry in Bavaria.

But, whether they understand or not, the gifts are working the way God designed them to work.

From this picture we can draw two conclusions.

First is that the synergy between the gifts matters.  God has designed each redemptive gift to be positioned next to another tribe on land that is releasing its strength to them.  When the right tribes are on the right land, good stuff happens.

Second, and far more critical, God does this even when the Giver tribe doesn’t know or doesn’t care.  Bavarians are not praising God or Germany for their wealth.  They broadly believe it comes from their own ingenuity.

But God takes such pleasure in the redemptive gifts and the principles work so clearly and consistently that Bavaria is blessed by Germany and blessed by Rupertiwinkel whether they know it or not.

This is the basis of our prayer today.  It is not about whether the Givers in our lives deserve anything or not.  We are simply blessing God’s design and asking that the land and the community that the Giver is in would release its strength to the Givers for the glory of God.

Secondarily, if there is a better community and better land for this season of the Giver’s walk, that God would move them in spite of themselves.  Bavaria did not ask to be part of Germany.  God just did a fatherly thing and blessed them with what they needed for this season without consulting with them.

Join me in blessing our Givers with the best God has for them from land.

8. Giver Prayer: Land in Community

Copyright October 2015 by Arthur Burk

This entry was posted in Giver, The Redemptive Gifts of Individuals. Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to 8. Giver Prayer: Land in Community

1. viviennehines says:

Sorry, I will just listen to all of it again since its been awhile since i heard it.

2. viviennehines says:

I just looked at it again Arthur. What I love about principles is they applications to other areas of life. The willingness to pay the price resonates really deeply. Thanks again.

3. viviennehines says:

Arthur According to Howard Pyle
    First step of the time line in Jamaica
    People origins in Jamaica
    No one as far as I know has the specific date of when the indigenous people came to Jamaica
    Original people of Jamaica are from South America, Arawak, Tainos migrated there over 25,000 years ago. The Arawak Indians named the Island Xaymaca/Jamaica, which meant ““land of wood and water”. The Arawaks were a mild and simple people by nature. Physically, they were light brown short and well-shaped with coarse, black hair. Their faces were broad and their noses flat. I have been told that my maternal grandmother is a descendants of Arawak Indians.
    o Columbus May 5, 1994 landed in Jamaica on his second voyage to the West Indies
    o Columbus heard about Jamaica rom the Cubans who called Jamaica the Land of blessed gold. Columbus soon learned there was no gold, which I am sure did not make him and his men very happy.
    o Columbus arrived in St. Ann’s Bay where he found Arawak Indians whom he initially thought was hostile.
    o So Columbus came looking for gold which the Cubans said was there. He did not find gold he had to be disappointed and jealous for their gold. I wonder if he felt that the Arawak Indians knew where the gold was and became hostile to them for holding out and not telling him where the gold was.
    o I believe the Arawak Indians were also hostile to these strangers Columbus also needed wood to repair his ship.
    o Columbus was also determined to annex the island for the king and queen of Spain.
    o According to Howard Pyle’s account the Arawaks attitudes changed when they were attacked by a dog from one of the Spanish ships and cross-bows of his men. It was not hard to get this fight going. Although the Arawak Indians were from south America the Spanish of the Spaniards would have been different from the Arawaks and the Spaniards would have considered them savages and not men who were enlightened as they were.
    o When some of the Arawaks were killed in this attack, Columbus landed and easily claimed the island.
    o The Spaniards, when they came, tortured and killed the Arawaks to get their land. They were so overworked and ill-treated that within a short time they had all died. The process was aided by the introduction of European diseases to which the Arawaks had little or no resistance.

4. Carol O'Brien says:

I am a tad confused, New York is not next to Delaware. Is there another state you are referencing? Also, I am dear friends, for 38 years, with both Jamaican and African American families. I have observed this jealousy amongst my Jamaican friends. I have read, with great interest, all of Vivienne’s comments and am keen to see if there are any more insights.

Liked by 1 person

Carol, how if I change next to near?

• viviennehines says:

The issue is not NY and Delaware. I am speaking about NY and FL which are both giver states. In was I was successful in the other I am struggling to breathe.

• viviennehines says:

this is a very personal issue and Arthur which I believe could be related. I am still very focused on the Egyptian and engaged with all of the prayers, but this is very personal.

5. viviennehines says:

Arthur, When I lived in Florida my life flourished tremendously, but coming back to New York I have been struggling to breathe in this Egyptian brickyard. I have been asking Father if I should move back to Florida.
    If both FLORIDA AND NEW YORK are give states, what can be the key dynamics in my life that creates such barrenness with only an occasional trickle of prosperity in NY?

I have done land cleansing back in 2011 from an abortion that I had in NY and removed the curses from the spirit, soul, body, of myself and my sons. I have also worked increasingly hared on my lifestyle changes using the seven curses CD, and the Spiritual Warfare CD and others tools that you have available Arthur.

I have been baffled by this and really have a very strong desire to move back to Florida. The spiritual climate that I left less than two years ago are still seeking my demise. Two other spiritual community wants me to join them but I know that are not much different than the one that I left. The spiritual community that I am in has been very healing and has been a soft place for me to fall after the tidal wave of hurt, but I still do not feel that complete peace there.

Some friends feel I should stay because Satan does not want me in NY, but I find it difficult to buy into that theology.
    ****Any thoughts Arthur or anyone else.

Vivienne, if you take it out of the small context of states and put it in the context of international immigration, there might be some lessons. Often an immigrant is cursed when he leaves and cursed when he arrives. Those who leave may feel abandoned by the one who is going off to seek his fortune. The hardships of the family farm now fall on fewer shoulders. Or they might be jealous of the one who has this huge opportunity.

On the flip side, an immigrant is sometimes welcomed by close family in the new location, but most of the time, like in Germany now, there is a token welcome by the government and an overt unwelcome by the neighbors who are afraid of them.

So look at both sides of the coin. Are there people in Florida who did not release you graciously, or is there land there still holding on to you. And in New York, was there overt fear that your coming there to that context would cost someone local a job? Were you seen as a danger to their economy or anything else.

Please be general in your response and do not name people who you think might have opposed your leaving or arriving.

And, this is just a guess, not a word from the Lord.

• viviennehines says:

Thank you Arthur. I am a Jamaican immigrant who was not released graciously from Jamaica and not welcomed in America by my step-mother and her family or by my father for that matter. He brought me here because he felt obligated to bring me here. When I left Florida I had some very close friends who still tell me how much they missed me and wished I were still there. I also have a biological connection in Florida who is very angry and is currently not speaking to me because he feels that I abandoned them even though they left to start a new life.

At 14 I had to drop out of school in Jamaica and worked as a nurse maid because my mom was ill, single and we had no social welfare system. When I came to America Heavenly Father opened a series of educational doors for and and I quickly ran with them and became educated with advanced degrees. Becoming educated while single and raising my sons following my divorce was a very hard life. So when people hate me for being an educated Jamaican woman it seems quite irrational to me since those who were born here always had the opportunity. Jamaicans have to pay for education still today, my mom could not.

When I got back to NY I was hired as a manager in a mental health agency and I was the hated Jamaican woman who took a job opportunity away from an African American. The truth is the agency was going through an overhaul that was dictated by changing laws in the state of NY. None of the individuals who had been in the agency for over 10 years had the education or the state credentials to be placed in the new position. They all had the opportunity through this agency to get the education when the change was coming but they did not take the opportunity to get what they needed to get the position. It was difficult leading a team that hated me because of my Jamaican heritage. In addition, the church that I left almost two years ago also hated me for being Jamaican and being educated. While there were many women in that ministry were of West Indian background, none ever made it to the higher levels of spiritual authority or leadership. Shortly after it was learned that I was educated because of paperwork I had to complete in the church, all three women in high spiritual authority returned to school for degrees. Several of the AA woman told me there was no future for me among them and they STONEWALLED ME for six and a half years with lies, slander, trashing the good name my Heavenly Father had given me no matter how much I walked in godly character. My godly character was considered wrong while the women who lied on me received honor, praise, and promotions and mocked me for doing what was right by calling me weak, and saying I had no backbone when I refused to match evil for evil with them.
        Arthur, what do you call these curses and are the process of breaking them different from what I have learned in your CD? I have a lot of your CD, but I do not recall anything that would work with these types of curses.
        Arthur please keep your thoughts coming, I am on to something here. Blessings

Vivienne, you are looking at jealousy here. Are Jamaicans broadly viewed with suspicion and jealousy by African Americans or is your situation a big extreme?

• viviennehines says:

The issue of jealousy against Jamaicans is legendary. They love to make off with our men but Jamaican women are very hated by these women. I have gone through the deliverance process using your CD on the spirit of jealousy. That community I spoke about there was a man who showed some interest in me which Ignited a lot of hate and jealousy against me, but what was interesting is that even the women who are married hated me and him. Needles to say it never got off the ground.

Why is this issue of jealousy so intense against me. My mother once told me she was jealous of me and my father who molested me. I am very diligent in making sure that I do not allow the spirit of jealousy to invade my soul, but whenever I get around these women, it rears its demonic head. I am at a loss for what I should do.

Any Ideas about deliverance for me to be free from this Arthur.

So are Jamaicans also the objects of jealousy in the Caribbean for a single reason or for no reason at all?

• viviennehines says:

I would say for reasons of prosperity sometimes and sometimes just because. Jealousy is a deeply pandemic issue. Witchcraft is sometimes used against other Jamaicans because of jealousy.

The answer is yes!

• viviennehines says:

Arthur, the colloquial term that is used among Jamaicans for jealousy is ” BEING RED EYE”. Its like having blood in your eyes against someone who has something you do not have.

Not trying to be dense, just trying to narrow things down to the root. I know that jealousy happens widely in the Caribbean. Are you of the opinion that jealousy against Jamaicans in the Caribbean is much stronger or more persistent than against any other people group there?

If so, what is the ancient origin? This has to be something that happened three or four hundred years ago. Any clue?

• viviennehines says:

No. No cues, but it is worth looking into again. I do not consider you to be dense, keep the questions coming because it is leading me to dig deeper into this issue which has been one of the most difficult issues of my life. When I speak to any Jamaican here in the states we all have harrow stories that we usually only share with each other because we are of the opinion that no one outside of another Jamaican would believe us and we are generally blamed for why bosses or co-workers have such jealousy against us. I have seen Jamaicans join in with those who curse the boss and do a poor job just to avoid the pain other Jamaicans around them are experiencing. I believe and have been asking Heavenly Father to help me find the root issue for my own pain of jealousy which after mediation last night has been too legendary and massive to express here. However, your questions are shifting my paradigm from me and my sons experiencing jealousy on a massive scale to looking at the overall issue and the roots within the Jamaican cultural context and its origin. Our history as Jamaican are filled with stories so I will do more homework and keep you posted as I find out more about the root issues of jealousy in my country and its impact on my own personal life. .

Vivienne, every effect has a cause. My knowledge of the Caribbean is quite low, but I too have heard far more comments about jealousy coming at Jamaicans than others. So there has to be a reason. I don’t have the time to do the research, but I will ask questions that might get you going in the right direction if you have time to dig.

My perception based on the conversation so far is that there is a stronghold over the Jamaican people that transcends actual reality. In other words, this is not primarily about one individual and their success. My guess is that you have poor Jamaicans who come to the States and get really poor jobs and there is nothing in the world to be jealous of, but people who are over them are jealous of them when it doesn’t make sense to be jealous. That is the mark of a principality that is not anchored into a current event, but into the past. Everyone coming from Jamaica has a target for jealousy on them whether they, individually, have any success or assets to be jealous of.

So, if you can go back to the beginning of the European/African presence on that island, the question in my mind is whether the junk was already there, attached to the indigenous people and the land, or whether it came in with the Europeans or the Africans.

I am not sure how you would find the answer to this, but pre-Europeans, I wonder if Jamaica was seen as superior to the other islands and whether there were raids on Jamaica by other people groups who were jealous of what they had.

Alternatively were the first European activities there wildly successful attracting jealousy from other European colonists in the region? Wouldn’t that be a wicked, twisted perversion if the jealousy you guys have to endure is rooted in White on White jealousy that stained the land and then the rest of the people.

Finally, is there any record of the slaves being brought into Jamaica from some other source than the usual slave trading routes largely anchored in what is now Ghana? Are you racially significantly different from the African Americans in your origin?

All of these are challenging questions to answer, but even partial answers might give us some clues as to which rock this sniper is hiding behind.

• viviennehines says:

Arthur, thanks again. i just got home from work and saw your questions which are all good. I have some time and will do some more digging again tomorrow morning. I did some today and found some new information that I want to cross check before I send it to you, Blessings

PS> I am making time to dig because this is soo important to me. Blessings Keep your questions coming.

• viviennehines says:

Arthur, Interestingly enough the indigenous people named Jamaica Land of wood and water. More to come tomorrow.

• viviennehines says:

Good Morning Arthur, I was meditating this morning on Joseph in Egypt and it came to me that the Hebrews were enslaved following his death, However, what I want to ask you is:
                1. How huge of a role do you believe the issue of Jealousy from the Egyptians towards Joseph and the Hebrews played in them becoming slaves? (I am not shifting my paradigm form the issue of jealousy against Jamaicans or other people groups, but I am looking for similarities in situations.)
                2. What role did the psychological warfare of the Egyptians play against Joseph’s mind and how was that transmitted to the Hebrews over their generations?
                3. When you meditate on the issue of Joseph being Prime Minister but he could not influence the Egyptians to sit and have lunch, dinner, or any meal with him because he was an immigrant, one has to wonder about him being ostracized by the people he was leading. I have experienced this as an immigrant in leadership and it is intensely wounding and deeply painful on a small scale. I cant imagine what that must have been like for him. Was it JUST prejudice against him as an Hebrew or were they extremely jealous of him as an immigrant being their Prime Minister benefiting from what God had placed in him for them and his people, yet they were jealous and hated his Hebrew packaging. Just pondering.

• viviennehines says:

Arthur here is a brief time line of what I have found on Jamaica so far:
                Howard Pyle, “Jamaica New and Old” in Harper’s New Monthly Magazine, January 1890

Original Inhabitants
                The original inhabitants of Jamaica are believed to be the Arawaks, also called Tainos. They came from South America 2,500 years ago and named the island Xaymaca, which meant ““land of wood and water”. The Arawaks were a mild and simple people by nature. Physically, they were light brown in colour, short and well-shaped with coarse, black hair. Their faces were broad and their noses flat.

They grew cassava, sweet potatoes, maize (corn), fruits, vegetables, cotton and tobacco. Tobacco was grown on a large scale as smoking was their most popular pastime.
                They built their villages all over the island but most of them settled on the coasts and near rivers as they fished to get food. Fish was also a major part of their diet.

The Arawaks led quiet and peaceful lives until they were destroyed by the Spaniards some years after Christopher Columbus discovered the island in 1494.

Arthur , More time line

The Discovery of Jamaica
                On May 5, 1494 Christopher Columbus, the European explorer, who sailed west to get to the East Indies and came upon the region now called the West Indies, landed in Jamaica. This occurred on his second voyage to the West Indies. Columbus had heard about Jamaica, then called Xaymaca, from the Cubans who described it as “the land of blessed gold”. Columbus was soon to find out that there was no gold in Jamaica.

On arrival at St Ann’s Bay, Columbus found the Arawak Indians inhabiting the island. Initially, Columbus thought these Indians were hostile, as they attacked his men when they tried to land on the island. As he was determined to annex the island in the name of the king and queen of Spain, he was not deterred. Columbus also needed wood and water and a chance to repair his vessels. He sailed down the coast and docked at Discovery Bay. The Arawaks there were also hostile to the Spaniards. Their attitudes changed however, when they were attacked by a dog from one of the Spanish ships and Columbus’ cross-bow men. Some of the Arawaks were killed and wounded in this attack. Columbus was then able to land and claim the island.

The island remained poor under Spanish rule as few Spaniards settled here. Jamaica served mainly as a supply base: food, men, arms and horse were shipped here to help in conquering the American mainland.

Arthur Jamaica
                Fifteen years later in 1509, after their first visit to the island, the first Spanish colonists came here under the Spanish governor Juan de Esquivel. They first settled in the St. Ann’s Bay area. The first town was called New Seville or Sevilla la Nueva.

Towns were little more than settlements. The only town that was developed was Spanish Town, the old capital of Jamaica, then called St. Jago de la Vega. It was the centre of government and trade and had many churches and convents.

The little attention the colony received from Spain soon led to a major reason for internal strife. This contributed to the weakening of the colony in the last years of Spanish occupation. The governors were not getting proper support from home and quarrels with church authorities undermined their control. Frequent attacks by pirates also contributed to the colony’s woes.

Arthur Jamaica

The English Attack
                On May 10, 1655, Admiral William Penn and General Robert Venables led a successful attack on Jamaica. The Spaniards surrendered to the English, freed their slaves and then fled to Cuba. It was this set of freed slaves and their descendants who became known as the Maroons.

The early period of English settlement in Jamaica, drew much attention to the buccaneers based at Port Royal. Buccaneering had begun on the islands of Tortuga and Hispaniola. They were a wild, rough and ruthless set of sea rovers. They took their loot of gold, silver and jewels to Port Royal.

Port Royal prior to this time was an insignificant town in Jamaica. Under the buccaneers’ leadership the town, within a decade and a half, grew to become known as one of the “wealthiest and wickedest city in the world”.

The greatest buccaneer captain of all was Henry Morgan. He started out as a pirate and later became a privateer. Morgan mercilessly raided Spanish fleet and colonies. He kept the Spaniards busy defending their coasts that they had little time to attack Jamaica. Morgan was knighted by king Charles II of England and was appointed Lieutenant governor of Jamaica in 1673. Morgan died in 1688.

A violent earthquake destroyed Port Royal on June 7, 1692. The survivors of the earthquake who re-settled in Kingston abandoned the Port. Port Royal became an important naval base in the eighteenth century.

OK Vivienne, I think you have found it. So the Arawaks and the Spanish were not a problem. The issue is the pirates. On the one hand there is the fear of them, and on the other hand jealousy of their wealth. Feels to me as though the Jamaicans today are under the trauma bond to time caused by the Caribbean community’s attitude toward a very short period of time in Jamaica’s history.

Let’s test my theory. If I am right, then the attitude toward Jamaicans in America would be fear of what you could do to others who are already established, even though you are not threatening them. And the flip side is that the Americans who come against you feel highly justified in their ruthlessness in trying to dislodge you from their midst.

That would be the feeling of people toward the pirates. Fear when seeing them. Absolutely no civility in dealing with them.

Does that fit your experience here, and that of the Jamaican community as a whole?

Arthur Jamaica

The Slave Trade
                The English settlers concerned themselves with growing crops that could easily be sold in England. Tobacco, indigo and cocoa soon gave way to sugar which became the main crop for the island.
                The sugar industry grew so rapidly that the 57 sugar estates in the island in 1673 grew to nearly 430 by 1739.

Enslaved Africans filled the large labour force required for the industry. The colonists were impressed with the performance and endurance of the Africans, as well as the fact that African labour was cheaper and more promising. They continued to ship Africans to the West Indies to be sold to planters who forced them to work on sugar plantations.

The slave trade became a popular and profitable venture for the colonists. In fact the transportation of slaves became such a regular affair that the journey from Africa to the West Indies became known as the ‘Middle Passage’. The voyage was so named because the journey of a British slaver was 3-sided, starting from England with trade goods, to Africa where these were exchanged for slaves. Afterwards, the journey continued to the West Indies where the slaves were landed and sugar, rum and molasses taken aboard for the final leg of the journey back to England.

The slaves, however, were unhappy with their status, so they rebelled whenever they could. Many of them were successful in running away from the plantations and joining the Maroons in the almost inaccessible mountains.

Several slave rebellions stand out in Jamaica’s history for example, the Easter Rebellion of 1760 led by Tacky; and the Christmas Rebellion of 1831 which began on the Kensington Estate in St. James, led by Sam Sharpe. He has since been named a National Hero.

The Maroons also had several wars against the English. In 1739 and 1740 after two major Maroon Wars, treaties were signed with the British. In the treaty of 1740, they were given land and rights as free men. In return they were to stop fighting and help to recapture run-away slaves. This treaty resulted in a rift among the Maroons as they did not all agree that they should return run-away slaves to the plantations.

The frequent slave rebellions in the Caribbean was one factor that led to the abolition of the slave trade and slavery. Other factors included the work of humanitarians who were concerned about the slaves’ well-being. Humanitarian groups such as the Quakers publicly protested against slavery and the slave trade. They formed an anti slavery committee which was joined by supporters such as Granville Sharp, James Ramsay, Thomas Clarkson and later on, William Wilberforce.

On January 1, 1808 the Abolition Bill was passed. Trading in African slaves was declared to be “utterly abolished, prohibited and declared to be unlawful”. Emancipation and apprenticeship came into effect in 1834 and full freedom was granted in 1838.

The immediate post slavery days were very difficult for the poorer classes. Though most of the English planters had left the islands and new owners were running the plantations, the old oligarchic system still remained. The will of the masses was not deemed important and hence ignored. To add fuel to the already burning flame, the American Civil War resulted in supplies being cut off from the island. A severe drought was also in progress and most crops were ruined.

In October 1865, an uprising in St. Thomas, called the Morant Bay Rebellion, was led by Paul Bogle. Bogle and his men stormed the Morant Bay Courthouse while it was in session. A number of white people was killed including the custos of the parish. The rebellion was put down by the Governor, Edward John Eyre. More than 430 people were executed or shot, hundreds more flogged and 1,000 dwellings destroyed.

Paul Bogle and George William Gordon, now National Heroes, were hanged. George Gordon was a prominent coloured legislator who was sympathetic to the problems of the poor people and was blamed for the trouble caused by the masses.

Eyre was subsequently recalled to England but not before exchanging the ancient Constitution for the Crown Colony system. The succeeding years saw the island’s recovery and development – social, constitutional and economic, and its evolution into a sovereign state.

Education, health, and social services were greatly improved. A proper island-wide savings back system was organised. Roads, bridges and railways (railways became government owned in 1845) were built and cable communication with Europe established (1859). The island’s capital was moved from Spanish Town to Kingston (1872).

The 1930s saw Jamaica heading towards another crisis. The contributing factors were discontent at the slow pace of political advance. For example, the distress caused by a world-wide economic depression, the ruin of the banana industry by the Panama industry Disease, falling sugar prices, growing unemployment aggravated by the curtailment of migration opportunities and a steeply rising population growth rate. In 1938 things came to a head with widespread violence and rioting.

Out of these disturbances came the formation of the first labour unions and the formation of the two major political parties.
                These were the Bustamante industrial Trade Union (BITU) named after the founder, Sir Alexander Bustamante. He was also the founder and leader of the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP), the political party affiliated with the BITU. Norman Manley was the founder of the National Workers’ union and the political party the People’s National Party (PNP).

Both Sir Alexander Bustamante and Norman Manley were instrumental in Jamaica’s move towards self-government. The first general elections under Universal Adult Suffrage was held in December 1944.

In 1958, Jamaica and ten (10) other Caribbean countries formed the Federation of the West Indies. The concept of Caribbean unity was soon abandoned in 1961 when Jamaicans voted against the Federation of the West Indies.

On August 6, 1962, Jamaica was granted its independence from England. Jamaica now has its own constitution which sets out the laws by which the people are governed. The constitution provides for the freedom, equality and justice for all who dwell in the country.

The Jamaican Constitution
                The Jamaica Constitution 1962 is the most fundamental legal document in the country, guaranteeing the freedom, rights and privileges of every Jamaican citizen. The Constitution reflects the country’s independence as a nation state and, to this day, remains the cornerstone of the island’s legal systems and institutions.

The Constitution took effect on August 6,1962 when Jamaica gained political independence from Britain, after more than 300 years of British colonial rule. While being the first constitution for the politically independent nation, it was not the first legal framework for the island…Read More

Download The Architects of the Jamaican Constitution

Liked by 1 person

It feels to me that Jamaica is Prophet and they have always had an intensity about them in terms of changing their environment. Of course, in the history books it is called rebellion, but the point is, there is something of sonship there. Sons see the mess and find a way to rise above it. Slaves see the mess and come to the conclusion that they are prisoners of the mess, truly incapable of rising above it.

So in a way, when a Jamaican comes from a hole and ends up on top through hard work and deep sacrifice, they are a rebuke and a reproof to those with a spirit of slavery who have adopted a philosophy of scapegoating.

My theory is that the pirate era produced a trauma bond to time for the Jamaicans, and that is why people fear you and are cruel to you. The Prophet’s problem solving, rising above the hardship attitude you demonstrate causes the jealousy of the slaves.

How does that fit?

• viviennehines says:

Slavery in Jamaica was excessively cruel and savage. the first African slaves came in 1518 and slavery was finally abolished in 1838. At the heights of the Black ship ‘Middle Passage trading in human flesh there were over 300,000 slaves in Jamaica. the slaves far outnumbered the white population. Slavery uprising was common place the Morant Bay Rebellion is one of the final uprising that helped to bring about the abolition of slavery, but they restrictions including the rights of full citizenship and the right to vote.

Arthur I am not sure that I am digging for the right information HELP

Jamaican Jealousy: for lack of better terminology Arthur.
                1.How huge of a role do you believe the issue of Jealousy from the Egyptians towards Joseph and the Hebrews played in them becoming slaves? (I am not shifting my paradigm form the issue of jealousy against Jamaicans or other people groups, but I am looking for similarities in situations.)
                **Legal Slavery in Jamaica lasted from 1518 until 1838.
                Traumas connected to Jamaican Jealousy
                **1494 when columbus landed tortured and killed Trauma bonds to time land and people South American Arawak Indians.

**1505 Tortured by the Spaniards who brought the first slave from Africa to Jamaica in 1518
                **May 10, 1655 English attacks and Spaniards lost to them
                Conditions became worse under British rule.
                It seems to me Arthur that the trauma bonds to time, land, people and jealousy are interrelated somehow.

Liked by 1 person

Vivienne, here is my logic. I look for what is different. There was a lot of barbarity against slaves on the islands and on the mainland. So that is not overtly different. The one thing that stands out above all others is the Jamaican’s refusal to accept the victim spirit as much as the others did. So then and now, you are fighters and you fight to better yourself, whether it is slave rebellions or pushing the system to get justice for yourself.

That is the one thing so far that stands out from all the data.

To put in another way, you have some strong characteristics of sonship in a culture of slavery. And that so often causes the slaves to be resentful of the sons and to be jealous of them.

Again, I am looking at it from the outside. You have walked it. How does that land for you?

• viviennehines says:

Arthur, This lands very very BIG and deep within me, it has been the BANE of my existence for which I have been savagely abused for fighting against this spirit. Until I began to listen to your materials I had no idea why i could NOT just lay down and die to these attacks against my personhood. So are many of the Jamaicans that I know. On the other hand many have just remained resentful engaging in a passive aggressive fighting until we get around each other and the spirit of fighting to better ourselves is ignited within us and the fight is on again in and through us. I am doing some more digging in the word looking at the terminology or the principles inherent in both negative and positive PRINCIPALITIES. More on that later. One of the pieces of the puzzle for me however, is what caused the Indians of South America to leave their land to go another. I have not yet been able to find out, but I am still digging because it feel significant to know why they left. By the way my maternal grandmother was a descendant of the Arawak Indians I have been told. I remember as a girl when I first met her at age seven that she had the course black wavy hair and being land rich and cash poor she walked in confidence so, people called her proud. She was the Midwife who attended my mother at my birth. I CAME THROUGH THE BIRTH CANAL WITH “MY FACE UP RATHER THAN MY FACE DOWN.” MY MOTHER TELLS ME THAT MY GRANDMOTHER SAID WHEN SHE SAW MY FACE FIRST, “THIS IS GOING TO BE A FIERCE CHILD.” How significant is any of this? I haD considered her pronouncement over me as somewhat negative. Thoughts! She was a Born again Seventh Day Adventist by then.

• viviennehines says:

Arthur, the more that I dig the more clear it is to me that the soil formation of Jamaica and the land yielding its strength to those who cultivated the soul is a core issue of the in the jealousy. For some reason Father brought people from South America and Africa who were synergized to this landscape and the crops grew in abundance making the slave owners rich. It appears that the land of Jamaica had some inherent advantage over other regions relevant to some produce especially in the grown and substance of sugar cane, tobacco, rum and other products. So nations were jealous of other nations and the prosperity they were realizing from the land being farmed with slave labor in Jamaica.

Liked by 1 person

So we are back to that huge mystery in Scripture of God playing favorites. It clashes with our cultural norms, but it is hard to work around the statements like “Jacob have I loved, etc.” David had four sons with Bathsheba. The first born died. The next two were non-remarkable. The baby of the family was Solomon and God sent a special message that He loved that baby.

From what you have posted, I would agree that from the beginning, God’s eye has been on Jamaica. Different people groups have been there over the years, but they have always thrived and they have always harvested the jealousy of others.

So if we take that as our diagnosis, what is your strategy? How will you deal with that for your own life?

• viviennehines says:

Arthur, I really do not know! It would appear that any strategy that I develop has to include multi generational cleansing from the first settlers including myself and cut off this principality of jealousy from my future generation. Any thoughts! It seems that a multi-level strategy is needed.

• viviennehines says:

I need to break trauma bonds to time, land, and people groups also as well as from spirit, soul, body, prosperity. I am quite without a team that is up to this level of multi-generational cleansing. Most of my friends think that I am way too geeky on the multi-generational cleansing issues.

• viviennehines says:

Good Morning Arthur, you are the only person I know who understands the spiritual dynamics of LAND. As a girl growing up in Jamaica, there is a Ministry of Agriculture and we were taught about the soil formation of our country’s land which has been and still is studied extensively, but is never seemed significant to me. This is a fact for which I have repented to Father this morning. Whenever I read Second Chronicles 7:14, the healing of the land always stands out. Father has been trying to get my attention about the land and although I have studied this passage of scripture with others concerning land, I confess it never dawned on me to ask about the issue of jealousy I have experienced and the connection with the land of my birth. SAD, BUT TRUE. The land brief that I read reminded me that in Jamaica Land is divided in three regions: 1 Limestone Region, 2. Blue Mountains Region, and 3. Coastal Region. I won’t bore you with the sidebar details, just pondering out loud. I listened to a news clip this week where one of our gold Medalist Athlete from Jamaica was asked “again” by reports if the food they they eat in Jamaica is the reasons we are producing such championship quality runners. Very interesting question indeed. So my sidebar question: what is the spiritual dynamics of land in Jamaica and how is it all connected with the soil formation/ LAND? What can a healing process for the spiritual and physical land of my life look like? How can the “Spirit of Jealousy”, or Jamaican Jealousy dynamics be cleansed from the land?

Liked by 1 person

Vivienne, let’s rephrase your picture of Jamaica. I don’t think that jealousy is in the land. There is excellence in the land that God placed there. It is a land that produces champions in the sense of fighters. People arise, pay a price and succeed. It is also a land that sends people out to other lands.

So that is the gift of God. Jealousy is coming from outside against the gift of God in the land. So the question is how can you walk in excellence and not attract continued jealousy from outside.

Why don’t you relisten to my CD on The Spirit of Jealousy from the Spiritual Warfare album, and listen to the first part of Life, Dominion and Honor where we are talking about the gifts coming from Father. When you have reviewed those two and are fresh on the concepts, then we can pull the principles from those teachings and make a fresh application. The teachings were done in a difference context than your life, but I think we can still pull tools from them to make a fresh application.

• viviennehines says:

Arthur, Thanks. I will do this this week. Blessings.

• viviennehines says:

Arthur, I have both of those CD. When you say the first part of Life, Dominion and Honor: do you mean the first (4) four CD’s?

Liked by 1 person

I am on the road, Vivienne, so I can’t answer that question directly. I talked about life, dominion and honor in the set and I can’t tell you where the divisions are. Re-listen to the section on life.

Good morning Arthur,
                Contrasting experiences:
                1. Two years ago while attending a Holiday Party, I played a bible trivia game and was tied with another person. A tie breaking question was asked and I knew the answer to the tie breaker question. There were roughly 60 people in the room so when the hostess began to express her shock and surprise that I knew the answer to the question and stated that she did not know the answer but I did, I became very uncomfortable. She continued for several minutes in her comments about my knowing the bible leaving me feeling a sense of dishonor rather than honor for studying to show myself approved in the word of God. This woman walks in her community in high position, title and spiritual authority.

2. On Friday night I shared with someone in my current church community that I had an open vision of a diverse group of people in spiritual bondage, but that they were being brought out of their spiritual bondage by Father. She was very supportive, encouraged me to stay close to God so that He would continue to give me visions of what he is doing. She walks in high authority spiritually in my current church situation. This is a new experience of having an AA female affirm my ministry gift in a pure way.

3. On Saturday, I attended a women’s conference where several women set up table to share their ministry product. I shared a table with a friend to hand out bookmarks promoting my upcoming book. The featured speaker is someone that I have honored and supported because I have known them to walk in integrity. I had the opportunity to briefly introduce myself and to give her one of my bookmakers along with my business card. She read the card and commented, Life Coach, Trauma Specialty in a mocking dismissing way. I felt a sudden chill around me as she spoke. This comment seemed to be completely out of character with this woman more so than the first woman in the bible triva situation. I was disappointed, but forgave the incident.

4. Arthur, I am in no way as far as I am able to discern in myself competing with other women or men and their call. I promote and empower the women Father designed me to work with. Yet, this is so typical for me with women in authority who then influence any men in spiritual authority to move against me, the way the women in my father’s life did beginning with my paternal grandmother and her daughter. My paternal grandmother tried to kill me, by attempting to choke me to death because she did not want to share her sons love with anyone. She once told me that “IF SHE HAD KNOWN ABOUT MY MOTHER’S PREGNANCY WITH ME I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN BORN.” Arthur, HELP!!!!!!!!

Liked by 1 person

Vivienne, I am on the road doing a seminar for the second week in a row. It will be a few days before I can get back to you.

• viviennehines says:

Its fine Arthur, i will be here. Praying that all will go well with your seminar presentations. blessings.

Hello Arthur,
                I have listened to the CD teaching on the Spirit of Jealousy and the entire CD on Life, Honor, and Dominion. I am also listening to the CD on Overcoming the victim spirit since there has been a history of victimization in my personal life and generations.

• viviennehines says:

I am looking deeper into the indigenous people history because I am told that I am a descendant of the Arawak or Taino people of Jamaica. It’s getting good. The two perspectives that have been made are on point but I cannot shake the feeling that we are still only at the half-baked-potato, stage of this process. I feel led to work on the spanish/english euro timeline and look at some of the euro characteristics of the men who conquered Jamaica from the spaniards.the spaniards in their cruelty and greed wiped out the Arawak Indians, the English, the English in their conquest held on to the land and increased the defiling of the land by their introduction of slave labor and all of its corresponding cruelties and savagery. It seems to me that each group that came, came in Jealousy to take what the indigenous people had from each other and it would make logical sense from the stories I have heard growing up that each successor exerted higher and higher levels of cruelty to take and keep what they wanted from the land.

6. frances bell says:

I am sitting by the sea in Mossel Bay SA and reading thru all your literature. I have always been a doer of YHwH, word, I have more to add to my list ie: cleansing of land prayers. Thank you AB for your input in my life. Most inspiring. Frances Bell