Time with The King

For reasons I cannot explain, my spiritual year begins in December.  Thus, I disconnect from the office every December 1st and spend some time with the King.

I start by spending a lot of time disconnecting from the rest of the world and the ongoing pressures of life, and I decompress physically as well.  I do not rush into His presence.

Second, I explore everything I have learned about God in the last year and worship.  This is an exciting time.

Then I listen to His analysis of my Kingdom work over the last year, and finally, we segue to my marching orders for the coming year.

It is a precious time, and this year my spirit is beside itself with anticipation.  I get the sense it has gone ahead and peeked at some of the gifts that are awaiting.

This is a several day process.  Because of that, there will be no Hebrew Worship blogs or Giver blog this week.  We have a couple of non-time sensitive blogs that are in the pipeline, and they will be released by my staff some time during the week.  All email traffic will be handled by Megan until I am back in the office.

I have invested significantly in you this year.  Would you please reciprocate by setting aside some time to pray for my time with the King every day until I emerge again?

I would appreciate that.

Arthur Burk  Shame to Dignity Noble Subject blog

Monday, November 30, 2015

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Time with The King

1. Paul says:

Arthur, you are indeed so very generous and gracious with the investment you make in your tribe through the year. Thank you for your selfless, untiring dedication to see God’s ancient enemy defeated in each of our lives, and all that you pour into us in helping us live as noble subjects of our great King. Indeed the least we can do is pray for you especially during this special set apart time, asking Abba to do for, in and through you, above and beyond all you can ask, think, or imagine. Shalom to you, dear brother.

2. matronlpainter says:

will definitely pray for you. really appreciate you Arthur!

3. Connie says:

Wow, how quickly time passes! Yes I will pray for your spirit to recieve all our Lord has on store.

4. Yes, always a delight and honor to pray for you.

5. Kate Mazur says:

You betcha. Excited for you and honored to pray!! ❤ Happy for the lovely time you'll have.

6. nancy says:

Yes, I’ll pray. I’m sure the King looks forward to this time alone with you even more than you do.

7. Janette Callejas de Bangheri says:

The Lord bless you abundantly, thank you for being a blessing to all of us, praying for you and Sapphire Gp.
    Psalm 37:37
    Notice the man of integrity and watch the upright— for the man of shalom has a future. TLV

8. Irina Rivera says:

Gladly!

9. Kathlynn says:

Psalm 16 The Passion Translation A precious song, engraved in gold, by King David.

Keep me safe, O mighty God,
    I run for dear life to you,my Safe Place.
    So I say to the Lord God,
    You are my Maker, my Mediator, and my Master.
    You don’t need my “goodness,”
    For I have none apart from you.
    And he said to me, “My holy lovers are wonderful,
    My Majestic ones, my glorious ones,
    Fulling all my desires,”
    Yet are those who yield to their weakness,
    and they will have troubles and sorrows unending.
    I never gather with such ones,
    Nor give them honour in any way.
    Lord I have chosen You alone as my inheritance.
    You are my prize,my pleasure, and my portion.
    I leave my destiny and its timing in your hands.
    Your pleasant path leads me to pleasant places.
    I’m overwhelmed by the privileges
    That come with following you,
    For you have given me the best!
    The way you counsel and correct me
    Makes me praiseyou more;
    For your whispers in the night give me wisdom.
    Showing me what to do next.
    Because you are close to me and always available,
    My confidence will never be shaken,
    For I experience your wrap-around presence every moment.
    My heart and soul explode with joy – full of glory!!
    For even my body will rest confident and secure.
    For you will not abandon me to the realm of death
    Nor will you allow your Holy One to experience corruption.
    For you bring me a continual revelation of resurrection life,
    The path to the bliss
    That brings me face-to-face with YOU.

10. Frances Bell says:

Arthur I am so blessed by your writings.my spirit just soaks it all up.

11. Nico says:

You have my prayers and my blessings o7

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. – 1 Thessalonians 5:23

12. peter ffrench says:

Ok.we will miss you though.thank you papa A.

13. Julian F says:

YES and amen! You have invested significantly and steadily in this warrior and his wife the last decade.

Liked by 1 person