ISBN

When Agatha was here, she discovered a new facet of her spirit’s design.  I asked her to write about it.  What I want you to see is that she honored her emotions when her soul/mind could not understand them.  What is to like about an ISBN?

As she followed the trail of her spirit’s delight, she discovered some things much more intense and complex than an ISBN.  God used that to start the hunt, then took her into intriguing places to show her who she is.

Here is her story, in her words.  And thank you, Agatha, for sharing with us.

When the Blog LAC Blessings Megan #3 about all the structures for a book came out, ISBN did shine like a star on the sky for me. I loved it.

Why?

No idea.

But I did know that behind those long numbers there is a story.

These numbers tell us a lot.  And what I especially like is that each number is unique.  I admire things that are everywhere yet still unique.  Like snowflakes or our fingerprints.  So I blessed Megan to get every structure exactly the way God has planned it and to get THE right ISBN number.

I was at the airport early for my flight back to Switzerland.  So I sat on a bench waiting for boarding, with a nice Frappuccino Mocha from Starbucks in my hands.  Again ISBN showed up.  I was wondering what it would cost to get one of those numbers for a book.  The idea to pay for Megan’s ISBN popped up.

“Buy numbers for the books,” I clearly heard my spirit say.  “Megan will give birth to numbers of books.”

So I went on the internet and found a lot of info about ISBN.

In 1960 they started in England with the first number for books.  They wanted to have a clear international identification tool for books.  Today every book has an ISBN Number.  It always starts with the country code.  For the books it is 978, which stands for “The Country of the Book.”

Today ISBN have 13 digits.  Embedded in those numbers you will find the country code, the geographical region or the language area in which the book was published, the publisher’s name and the edition number.  The last figure is the official approval number, determined by a fixed arithmetic formula.

As I was reading along it became clear:  I do LOVE numbers!

Why?

I have no idea.

I know I recognize special numbers very quickly.  I also like the game Tri-Ominos.  It is a game like dominoes but one plays with numbers instead of with dots, and the Tri-Omino pieces are triangular, so you can build in three directions, not just two.

It happens quite often that special numbers cross my way.  Some months ago I drove home from the Sapphire seminar in Salzburg, Austria.  While I was on the freeway, I suddenly saw cars with special numbers like 44444, 666333, 77777, 1111, 8888.  This lasted for about one hour!

Why?

I have no idea.

I noticed it; I asked the Lord but didn’t get a clear answer, so I started to pray for the people in the car in front of me with the number 666.  I also blessed the land around me.

And now I have discovered that God loves numbers too!

How exciting!  My favorite number in His book at present is 153.  That’s the number of fish caught in the net in John 21.  I did an internet search about the meaning of 153 and it opened up an new land!  I am speechless about the mathematical possibilities and meanings about 153.

I found that even secular scientists comment on it.  For me this number is very, VERY special!

Here is another one:  Do you know the “Fibonacci Code?”  Amazing, overwhelming!  The internet will tell you more . . .

As I look at all these numbers, I can only marvel how much greater my God is, who created them in the first place.  The God of Numbers!

Written by Agatha Rub

Copyright July 2016 by Arthur Burk

From the Hub

P.S. It was my delight to talk about Him and His numbers in tonight’s devotion.  It landed deeply.

This entry was posted in Design, Erasing the Line Between Secular and Sacred, Exhorter, Perspectives, The Human Spirit. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to ISBN

1. Cynthia says:

I have had the same experiences, and would love to chat with Agatha! By any chance, will she be at the LAC conference in Denver?

2. davidsstones says:

Palmoni. ( the numbers in scripture ) Try “Biblical Numerology, a basic study of the use of numbers in the Bible” by John J Davis, who has an impressive list of qualifications Pub. by Baker Book House; 174 pgs with valuable indexes in the back; 10 1/2 pages of safe sources, 2 pages of alphabetized key Biblical subject’s used in the book, and 6 pages of scriptures by Book, chapter, verse. This is not a let me look up a number table. This is a unique in depth, overflowing with facts and resources on every page, road map so the reader can apply deep understanding to hear the significance coded into what their reading, seeing.
    Some parts will be easier to read then others for those targeting answers for specific questions. The whole volume will be a classroom for those wanting to jump in the pool. The book includes clear warnings of numbers and numerology having been used in evil intent for thousands of years in crafting.
    How definitive is a number?; years, to decades, to seasons, to months, to days, to a finite hour;
    The Return of The Lord is destined to an hour. Be it 1 in 24 or it’s space in 1000 years.
    Matthew 24:42 (NKJV) Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.
    Matthew 25:13 (KJV) Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
    …and this happy item sown in Psalm 90:12 (KJV)
    So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
    ( in cases of sudden or unexplained death we get the expression, their number was up, from this verse )

3. A woman who loves #. Wow

4. Elouise says:

We love you, Agatha! Go for it, Agatha, you are a special special gem! ❤️

5. Janis Leal says:

This is just fascinating, Agatha. I love how you followed the trail and where it led you, and am excited about where it will continue for you!

Icing on the cake for me was realizing that the Lord tells us exactly how many fish were caught, in John 21 — I never noticed that, and am intrigued about things the Lord is quite specific about. This article is not only enjoyable, but also enriching. Thank you so much for sharing.

Liked by 1 person

6. Soo Fee says:

I just checked out the biblical meaning of 153 and love what I discovered. Agatha, thanks for sharing with us the facet of God in “numbers”!

7. jilli55 says:

I just fell in love with Agatha! And I don’t know why, but just so invigorated me.
    And I had a “poor down” into me from the Spirit that in this Mercy Season we must know by the Spirit; not by my mind/soul, or my body, but just “feel” (would that be Spirit?) and be led by that. Still processing; hope that makes sense.

8. Julia Smith says:

Agatha, I think you would enjoy Anne Hamiltons books- God’s Poetry,God’s Panoply and God’s Pageantry. Full of number stuff and good words too. Blessings to you.

9. Rosa says:

This is just fascinating!

10. Janet Guhl says:

Please could you tell the meanings of your abbreviations–such as ISBN–to the uninitiated (but wanting and willing to learn) like me? Thanks! Janet

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 5:36 PM, Noble Subjects wrote:

> SLG posted: “When Agatha was here, she discovered a new facet of her > spirit’s design. I asked her to write about it. What I want you to see is > that she honored her emotions when her soul/mind could not understand > them. What is to like about an ISBN? As she foll” >