Welcome to Tracy

Julian and Tracy have been tracking with SLG for about a decade.  They are unusual in SLG in that they actually digest what they listen to.  Many of you have listened to far more of our stuff than they have, but few have overtly implemented principles as deeply and intentionally as they have.

This really caught my attention as I have walked with them and silently observed their values and choices.

They live here in Southern California and have been exposed to a  great number of streams in the Body of Christ during their polyvariegated journey.  Both are musicians.  Tracy has led worship in a variety of temporary assignments as well as working long term with some individuals to build worship into their lives from the inside out.

Among the sundry hats Tracy wears is electronic marketing.  She is coming on board with SLG as an offsite volunteer to work on marketing for the Texas and California seminars on Leadership in the Mercy Season.

This will be an interesting exercise to see if we can find that famous Mercy Season alignment.  Historically, SLG has stayed away from marketing, because so many of the things we see done are profoundly offensive to my sense of propriety and integrity.

On her side, she has been there, done that, and seen from the inside all the ways there are to overtly or covertly do marking with lack of integrity.  She has ached for a chance to market a product she believes in, with processes she feels are highly integrous.

We have not worked together on any significant project before, so this will be a learning curve.  Normally, that means the leader (moi) would watch over the project with an eagle eye and demand to approve every major piece of work before it is released.

But since we are obsessively not normal, but are a sonship organization, I am giving her substantial freedom to bring her best to the table and show us all how marketing can be done with excellence AND integrity, with negligible oversight.

There is an interesting amount of emotional baggage involved.  Volunteers have left a pretty large trail of pain here.  I have to keep reminding myself that this is a new season and she is not “them!”

On her side, she has had an indecent number of bruises from leaders in the past.  Her deep desire to not botch this relationship will cause her own messy videos to run unsolicited.

So both of us will be walking gingerly while trying to run a really big play as she reinvents the marketing world around integrity which is no small task.

You will see her fingerprints in sundry changes to graphics throughout our social media world.  We have found that silent admiration adds little to anyone’s spiritual authority.  If you would like to be part of a Mercy Season stunning success story, I invite you to write Tracy@TheSLG.com to celebrate anything new and beautiful that you see in our presentation.

And for the Texas portion of the SLG tribe, I suggest you highly territorial rascals turn your liability into a strength by organizing a few prayer sessions among yourselves where you overtly invite Tracy and her giftings into Texas for the glory of the King.

For my part, this is a defiantly authentic blog to come in the opposite spirit to the historically inauthentic world of marketing.

Copyright January 2017 by Arthur Burk

This entry was posted in Family News. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Welcome to Tracy

1. Nichols Web Management says:

I have been in digital marketing for 8 years now. Only a few times have I run into a client did not appreciate my honest approach to the job. I really enjoy having the Holy Spirit ‘sitting next to me’ at my computer providing wisdom and strategy. Excited for Tracy and I’m sure she will do FANTASTIC!

2. Jeff Nichols says:

I have an online marketing company and really enjoy the creativity of the Holy Spirit in the process. I have clients of all types and have lost clients because I would not ‘cheat’ for them. I always do better with clients who are passionate about their product/service and so I’m sure Tracy will have no problem spreading the word on SLG.

3. Elouise van der Merwe says:

This blog post keeps popping up in my head. I’ll be in the team praying for the safe keeping of your relationship, and His Light to guide you at all times. I’ve been the recipient of leadership-bite. I’ve not suffered volunteer-bite, but that must be pretty awful too.

4. jane62 says:

I find myself in a most similar space at the moment. In my case trying to market a new kind of old product, but similarly trying to do marketing with Kingdom Mercy flavour and INTEGRITY.
    So I’ll be praying and tracking and blessing Tracy.

5. Kat says:

Marketing is such a paradox. How to be intentionally visible, but not as self promotion? How to radiate the good works God has designed you to do, and be in the right place and the right time for the people God has designed to receive those gifts, both as ministry and business? How to understand the demographics of the places God is sending you to, and meet them with the wisdom and authority that advances the kingdom in a measureable and significant way? I think anyone with a kingdom business asks those questions–I know I do. . . I appreciate your bringing this practical issue to this blog.

As you have said, your market is the builders, not the consumers; the leaders, not the groupies, the innovators in the life after church, the Mercy season expressions of God’s new order . . .

May the God of light ignite your visibility, and accelerate the word of mouth, and electronic marketing that Tracy is able to reach out with! May there be an exciting unification of those that God has specially chosen for such a time as this in all your 2017 venues! I will tell everyone I believe needs to be there, in my old fashioned marketing way. May the exponential multiplication of revival intensity of God’s new order land in the spirits of all those God has called to hear your message! Thank you for the sod busting, may the harvest that you have sown and watered and weeded, multiply 100 fold!!!!

6. Also want to extend a warm WELCOME to you, Tracy, and say that I am looking forward to working with you. I like this Mercy Season alignment stuff. 🙂

7. Hansie Louw says:

So refreshingly different! A marketing approach and leadership approach that could totally change the face of how we traditionally did things. I pray blessing and protection over this effort!

8. Janis Leal says:

Territorial rascals, huh? Well now, ahem… let’s see…
    Texas has had a highly successful marketing slogan, besides “Everything’s Bigger in Texas,” that drawls something like, “Texas: It’s Like a Whole Other Country.”

Seems to me that the Tribe could be considered growing in BIG-spirited community, where “Everyone’s [getting] Bigger in SLG” because in truth, SLG really is “like a whole other country.” In the best of ways!

And Tracy, I dowse you with BIG Texas love, spirit connection like a whole other country, and blessings from Deep in the Heart of Texas — AND SLG — for a totally different flavor of “marketing” for the King, our Abba who draws with the true essence of lovingkindness unknown in the world, our Bridegroom who woos with beautiful truth, irresistible fragrance, and mysterious colors undetected yet deeply longed for in darkness desperately needing the kingdom of Light.

Go, Team, go.

Liked by 6 people

• valynda says:

Go job Janis! Thanks from another Texan

• Elouise van der Merwe says:

That’s is a beautiful blessing, Janis Leal. Amen to that!
      I must say I laughed when I read “territorial rascals”. I know one beautiful big Spirited Texan, and she told me of the slogan, “you don’t mess with Texas”. So we won’t do that, but we can bless Texas, God bless Texas, His Will be done, His Kingdom come in Texas, BIIIG time!

9. mtroxy3 says:

Bravo! After being involved in the hospitality arena for a number of years and the marketing that goes with it, I will lean into prayer for Tracy to sense and know what the LORD wants her to do to bring His integrity into the marketing she is doing. Way to go Tracy! Roxanna

Liked by 2 people

10. Fran says:

…”for the glory of the King!” I have not posted before (?)…this endeavor makes me want to dance! Making Him attractive to all….I can “see” it on the right side of my Bible but alas, the address has alluded me for the moment! Blessings!

Liked by 1 person

• Fran says:

Philippians 1:9-11:9-11 So this is my prayer: that your love will flourish and that you will not only love much but well. Learn to love appropriately. You need to use your head and test your feelings so that your love is sincere and intelligent, not sentimental gush. Live a lover’s life, circumspect and exemplary, a life Jesus will be proud of: bountiful in fruits from the soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of God.

Liked by 1 person