Time and Space #4: Light

On the first day of creation, God created light.  My primitive understanding of light is that it is an electromagnetic field traveling along time at a certain frequency.

In other words, before there was light,  time/space and the whole spectrum of the laws of science had to have been created to support the existence of this electromagnetic field across a wide spectrum of frequencies.  The light we see with our eyes is just a narrow slice.  Infrared rays, x-rays, ultraviolet light and all your radio waves are also part of the grand package called “light.”

From that I extrapolate the following.

-Time and space were the firstfruits of creation.

-Time and space were part of the first package God called good.

-There is, in heaven, an original template of what undistorted time/space looked like on planet earth.

Those I feel confident of.

Here are some guesses.

-Time/space alignment can be distorted by our violation of principles.

-Misaligned time/space probably facilitates the work of the enemy.

-I suspect the enemy can distort time/space even without help from our principle violations.

-When our time/space is deeply aligned with God’s design, it hampers a lot of the enemy’s mischief.

And these things I wonder about.

-What percentage of our physical problems begin with a disruption of time/space alignment?

-How many of our relational breakdowns are due to a skilled manipulation of the timing of our exchanges with other people?

-To what degree does the intensity of the light of our spirit depend on the alignment of our time/space with Gods desires for us?

Copyright January 2018 by Arthur Burk

This entry was posted in Sanctifying Time. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Time and Space #4: Light

1. Barb Wall says:

Yes, I have recently seen this in a dream regarding systemic relational breakdowns (cycles). With specifics regarding the timing of delicate situations with people “at the wrong time” and it being concurrent to high levels of effective spiritual menacing operating/succeeding. Having a high regard for timing was the focus and key in this particular dream. I find your insights very confirming.

2. neilsriley says:

Intriguing. I looked again at one of the NT Greek words for time – kairos, which can be translated as “a limited period of time marked by a suitableness of circumstances, a fitting season,”
    An interesting translation that Kenneth Wuest uses in his translation at times is:
    “The time has been fulfilled with the present result that the present moment is epochal in its significance …” (Mark 1.15
    Or “with reference to the attesting miracles of the epochal, strategic periods of time” (Matthew 16:3,4)
    “My critical, epoch-making time is near.” (Matthew 26:18)
    “But this strategic, epochal period of time …” (Luke 18:56)

Clearly anything that Jesus did perfectly aligned with his Father’s timeframes. Holy Spirit, help us to be so aligned.

3. Julia Smith says:

I know you know but it always amazes me that asking God to align time and space for a person when nothing else seems to work always has positive results

4. As I read the blog and the comments I remembered what we were taught about physical light that get curved as it move in the neighborhood of stars with a high gravitational force… Now my thoughts might be poetic… or not: what if sins are like a spiritual gravitational force that disturb the Light from Jesus, curving it. If light carries something good intended for us, but suffered a deviation, than this does not arrive where God intend it to land…

5. Frank Williamson says:

How does the spirit of fear fit here ? Can it bend time ? if we are fearing we are not fully in the place of worship, God showed me one day that what ever we fear more than Him is another god. I think this was the lesson Job got, he made sacrifices because he feared for his children, and eventually at the end Job says.
    Job 42
    5“I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear,
    But now my eye sees You.
    How fearful would it be to see God do all the things He says in Job 41? I think our greatest fear would pale into insignificance and we would have a real fear of God.
    Think also about David and Goliath, the israelites feared the Philistines till David the one who feared God stepped forward, and the time was right.
    Luke12
    Jesus Teaches the Fear of God
    4 “And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

6 “Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins?[a] And not one of them is forgotten before God. 7 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

What really is Jesus teaching us here ?

Thank you Arthur for your insight into these subjects, and your tireless seeking of the truth.

6. Oh so much to take in! On the same level to me as ‘how big is the universe’! Going to be spending some time trying to get my head around this

7. Martin Van Horn says:

Looking at the role of time/space in relationships, Ephesians 2:2 I believe shows what is happening. Literally pre-Christians live a lifestyle consistent with this age of the world. We were under the influence of the ruler who is a spirit. He uses the “authority of the air.” [The word is exousia.] This spirit deliberately uses disobedience to distort the relationships and the communication coming through the air. [Who knew that air has authority!]

Verse 6 is part of the answer. Believers are enlivened, raised up & seated in the over-heavens [epouraniois]. The “air is clearer here.”

8. lila1jpw says:

Intrigued by the “primitive” concept of light and noted the omission of microwaves – are they sound or light or somehow both?.
    Back in the early 1960’s my dad was inspecting microwave towers and checking on the paths of the microwaves. He discovered that the optimal path for the microwave was not a straight line, but a spiral (“Peacock” Spiral named for him, Harold Peacock, Sr.). I suspect that this is modelled on the rifling of a shotgun barrel or the path that cattle weave as they ascend a steep mountain (ie., zig-zag). That latter example was actually mentioned by Dad during his musing on the microwave path.
    The spiral seems to be an integral part of creation–from the double spiral of DNA to the ridiculous, “She’ll be comin’ ’round the mountain when she comes.” Is this a twisting that was not there before the Fall or part of the original design?

9. Brant says:

“To what degree does the intensity of the light of our spirit depend on the alignment of our time/space with Gods desires for us?” I’m getting a big “hit” with this one. I would say its very high.

Did Jesus operate in aligned time/space? Did he ever operate without time/space aligned? Is this one of the keys to healing/miracles, etc; walking in true fullness as a son?

Is our light being bent due to a time/space misalignment? Time/space governs the proper transmission of light. Any misalignment could cause our light to have the wrong frequency and void its true resulting resonance; a convergence of time/space/light that manifests the Fathers will through us at the appointed time. I believe there are appointed times that we miss regularly with/without knowing it because of this. I believe appointed times are meant to be this convergence of time/space/light.

I see this time/space(place) combo here…

Deuteronomy 16:6
    Three times a year all your males shall appear before the Lord your God in the place which He chooses: at the Feast of Unleavened Bread, at the Feast of Weeks, and at the Feast of Tabernacles; and they shall not appear before the Lord empty-handed.

Appointed times…

Jeremiah 46:17
    They cried there,
    ‘Pharaoh, king of Egypt, is but a noise.
    He has passed by the appointed time!’

Jeremiah 8:7
    “Even the stork in the heavens
    Knows her appointed times;
    And the turtledove, the swift, and the swallow
    Observe the time of their coming.
    But My people do not know the judgment (H4941 – time, ordinances, process, etc) of the Lord.

Exodus 9:4-6
    And the Lord will make a difference between the livestock of Israel and the livestock of Egypt. So nothing shall die of all that belongs to the children of Israel.”’” 5 Then the Lord appointed a set time, saying, “Tomorrow the Lord will do this thing in the land.” So the Lord did this thing on the next day, and all the livestock of Egypt died; but of the livestock of the children of Israel, not one died.

How do we walk in the light?

1 John 1:7
    But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

What is the Light of Life?

John 8:12
    Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

• Amanda says:

Now THIS has my full attention!! Appointed time….to occupy space at the time divinely appointed by God Himself…where everything has already been placed in position for His purpose to flow. How often I have missed His timing and yet when I have been in the right time in the right space…the forward movement of His plan for me has been astonishing! And I stand in awe of the One who is worthy of all honour and praise and glory.

10. Moonsun says:

Wow…. great questions. Thanks for sharing this.

11. amtkrebs says:

Love the questions!!!!!! Absolutely will Dive into them!!!

12. Kristan Matoska says:

Very interesting! Quick question regarding:

— is degree and proportion the same or different here?

13. Lisa says:

Wow. A lot to ponder here.

14. Daphne says:

The “relational breakdowns due to the timing of our exchanges with other people..” I have noticed this a lot! In fact, this seems to be something that I’ve been saying to people for two decades now (especially when I have 70 extended family members to deal with all the time). Except that I never knew about the “manipulation of the timing” part until now. This has certainly shed new lights. Thank You, Thank you again!