Time and Space #10: Dissolving Time/Space

“And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.”  Genesis 5:24  AV

I have watched several friends die by the inch, cruelly.

I marveled at Jacob’s death.  He knew it was time.  Yet he had the emotional strength to have a battle of wills with the Prime Minister of Egypt and win.  His spirit was crisp as he dished up curses and blessings on his sons.  Then, he laid down, having ticked all the boxes and went home.

Oh, to die like that!  Hard to think of an improvement on that process.

But then, Enoch’s would be an even better way to “die” if you can call it death.  At least it seems that way.

Why not dream?

The ultimate alignment of time/space should happen at the end of our season.  Why shouldn’t Christians’ home going be massively different from the rest?

What if we began blessing our God-ordained transition from this time and space to the other time and space?  What would it feel like and look like if we sanctified that event ahead of time instead of ignoring it for decades and then fighting it madly when it comes?

Copyright January 2018 by Arthur Burk

This entry was posted in Sanctifying Time. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Time and Space #10: Dissolving Time/Space

1. Scott Cross says:

I have had the privilege of praying (in the correct time) to people into heaven. with in days of prayers over them each passed quietly into heaven without the long drawn out pain (that my mother would endure for months and months). There was such beautiful release in these moments and I too would love to Finish well and simply step out and be home.

2. Brant says:

Yes, I have felt this way for a long time, coming back to the idea over and over. I’m captivated by Enoch’s “rapture” due to walking with God. What is this “walking”? What did he know and do for those 365 years? What amazes me is this happened before the Flood, before the Law, and before the New Covenant. What are we the redeemed missing? I do believe this is possible. Very intriguing!

3. LaVonne says:

Oh my,,, this is great, thanks Arthur wonderful….

4. Carol Tattersall says:

Suppose we could go in and out of time as Enoch did as he pursued the ancient paths to the Father. In this realm, then in His. Suppose Heaven and Earth are drawing closer together and we will be able to move from one to the other when they overlap. The mystics of old knew something of this as we read their record.. those that live and believe in Him shall never die. HMMM lots to ponder here

5. Janis Leal says:

Exactly! I have always felt this way — oh, to go like Jacob, but even better, like Enoch.

But never thought to bless and sanctify ahead of time for that…. I so appreciate that thought and suggestion, and the encouragement to “Why not dream?”

Here’s to living our lives in preparation for that ultimate transition, and to dreaming, blessing, and sanctifying.

Thank you.

6. TABATHA BIAS says:

Excellent point! Thank you!